Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent a message and an email to Customer Service that is responding to messages on this site. I have a 2010 Avalanche and I saw the first crack months ago but did not want anyone messing around in my dash. LOL Now the crack is so large I have to get it fixed and of course, Chevrolet says my warranty is expired (I bought it as a demonstrator from the dealer almost 3 years ago but apparently the warranty started prior to my purchase which I do not understand).

Anyway, I am curious how much the parts cost and how difficult it is to replace the part. A friend of mine told me that this was a $1000.00 job. I'd love to get Chevy to take care of it but local dealers are not always as helpful as we would like. It almost looks like someone has worked on this previously as the lighting buttons don't push in properly. I could use a helpful Service Rep. for sure. Perhaps I should become one. I like making people smile and making their life just a little be better.

I love my Chevy though and wouldn't give it up for anything else.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 3:17 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by etemplet
Now the crack is so large I have to get it fixed and of course, Chevrolet says my warranty is expired (I bought it as a demonstrator from the dealer almost 3 years ago but apparently the warranty started prior to my purchase which I do not understand).
Might read the warranty as I seem to remember that it starts when it's placed into use by a private party the first time.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Might read the warranty as I seem to remember that it starts when it's placed into use by a private party the first time.
That would be sweet. Thanks for the information !!
Old August 25th, 2013, 8:46 PM
CF Active Member

Is the best way to stop the crack in it's tracks like it is on other materials and drill each end of crack out and throw some black epoxy in there? Believe it or not no Chevy guy from this site contacted me since I posted that. I did go on a Ford lot Saturday. Wasn't going to do anything this year but I might just pull the trigger on something while I still have a dash unless you look at it closely...

I do like the idea of a window sign... Something like a red stop sign with a sentence below it saying "Don't Buy Chevrolet Until They Start Fixing Known Defects"... I'll throw one together in Illustrator and post it here or a link to it. Let me know by posting if there's any interest..

Gary
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have a VW that I purchased new in 2006. Believe me and I am not exaggerating one bit. American Manufacturers are 1000% more helpful and interested in helping solve problems. Of the American manufacturers I have had the best experiences with General Motors. At least I know they listen and do what they can to help. I feel like I have a partner in ownership. That's all I can ask.

Then again, it often depends on the person you talk to or deal with. In our Church, office people run parishioners to other Churches by the way the treat them.

I don't need a freebie, just an economical way to resolve the problem and have it NOT happen again.
Old August 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

etemplet,

I just sent you a private message in regards to your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 26th, 2013, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
etemplet,

I just sent you a private message in regards to your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks so much !! I sent you a reply.

Glad I found this site !!

Gene
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by etemplet
Thanks so much !! I sent you a reply.

Glad I found this site !!

Gene
Yes I am very very glad I found this site. Took my truck to the Dealer today I was shocked to say the least, but I shouldn't have been. I encourage everyone to work with GM and give them the opportunity to help you.

Touchdowns everyone !!
Gene
Old August 30th, 2013, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

Well judging from your response it sounds like your truck will be fixed. I hope this is the case. My dealer fixed my dash no problem no jumping through hoops. Dealers know the value of good customer service more than GM does
Old August 30th, 2013, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Just got done dealing with chevrolet customer service (dis-service)about my 2007 suburban.
I got the same BS answer from then as i got from GM... "since you aren't the original owner you are responsible for the cost of the repair".

It should NOT matter if the vehicle is new or used, new or used isn't the issue here... the issue IS A POOR DESIGN OR CHEAP MATERIAL ON THE DASH PANEL AND DOOR HANDLES....I for one will be involved when a class action starts....

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????