Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2013, 2:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerobona
Hello Amber,
Thank you for your reply.
My Suburban is a 2007, with 2 cracks on the dash.
You can reach me at (310) 753-9535 or by mail at jerobona@hotmail.com
Let me know what you need to proceed in fixing this matter.
Sincerely,
"jerobona"
I sent you an email. Please let me know if you've received it.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 19th, 2013, 3:01 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by C6inFL
My LtZ now has the second crack + now the door handles are peeling.. Cut my hand on it!
Originally Posted by C6inFL

I'm sick of excuses, too many people with the same issue and its being ignored. I would join a class action suit as I've got ZERO help with this on a $60,000 vehicle. At this point I don't care if the lawyers make out the most.. It the principal of a company deliberately ignoring a problem that could be a safety issue. What happens to this broken dash if the airbag deploys???
Hello C6inFL,

I understand your frustration with your current situation. I wanted to let you know I sent a private message to you so we can further discuss these concerns.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 19th, 2013, 3:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrvrolet to the rescue!!! C6inFL she sent you a private message so she wouldn't publicly have to break it off in you!
Old August 20th, 2013, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Remember a class-action suit will net the lawyers about 99% of the $s.

You won't get enuf to fill the tank.

Don't care about $$, just want a new dash out of the suit.
Old August 20th, 2013, 8:13 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by test5477
Don't care about $$, just want a new dash out of the suit.
Don't hold your breath.
Old August 21st, 2013, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

You are right, however, would you join this class action for a filled gas tank? or for the satisfaction of getting your dashboard fixed for free, honored by GM?
And ALL other GM truck Owners, that don't even know the existence of this site and others?
Can you imagine how many dollars good people spent in getting their dashes fixed?
It's time for justice, right?
Lets do it,
ALL of you, JOIN me:
Class action lawsuit for Dashboards and interior door handles
Please join me,
I have created an email account for this matter only, witch password will be transferred to my team of attorneys.
Please send me an email there, the Lawyers Firm will contact you directly to validate your case, do not send any personnel information, just your problem and testimony of complaint regarding your dashboard and interior chrome door handles, only the attorneys will contact you for further information, not me.
This is a class action lawsuit against GM that we are finally starting!
Thank you all for of your support, be strong, lets get our problems fixed by justice!

GMActionlawsuit@outlook.com

And please spread the word, we need all the people you know, don't hesitate to ask GM owners at the gas station or anywhere, we all have the same issue !
Old August 21st, 2013, 8:33 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerobona
You are right, however, would you join this class action for a filled gas tank?
I admire your optimism but my experience w/ class-action lawsuits is that there is no way you'll get a new, free dash if you win. Good luck tho.
Old August 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM
CF Active Member

Add me to the list of cracked dashes... I was looking at my 2008 2500HD Silverado yesterday as it now has two cracks, one on each side and after seeing this thread went out and found a 3 inch long one just getting going on my 2007 LTZ Tahoe left side hump. It has another crack on the other side also. Very impressive. I guess from reading here that this is mostly a waste of time. I have a good relationship with my dealer but that doesn't sound like it will help much.

What's the best Ford Pick up and a good engine? Not sure where I'll go for my next SUV. Maybe foreign.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

I am for a class action suit. GM knows its a problem and most dealers know its a problem. I think if the information got out on the news many more people will come forward. A good dealer fixes the problem for their customers. My dealer did and I bought my 08 suburban used. GM should relent and fix it before their image gets hit hard on the news
Old August 22nd, 2013, 7:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Class Action Suit

I totally agree and I am on board to join in a class action suit against GM. I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ and I had to replace my dash last year at a cost of $400.00. I have written into this forum many times trying to help other owners with the same problem. This is a major defect that GM should take care of. All the people on this forum that say good luck and don't hold your breath are probably the biggest complainers of them all but do not want to do anything about it. GM needs to know that we, as GM owners are not going to stand for this BS. The only way these big corporations listen is when people organize and these companies see that there is a financial threat to them and also bad PR to them. When a wrong occurs, you have to stand up and fight! Let's do it.
mluz

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????