Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2024, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aintnothinsafe1
2008 Silverado my dash has cracked so bad in numerous places an GM an Chevy fail to do anything all I told is to wait for a call from a senior supervisor meanwhile my insurance company says it is a safety Hazzard an could cause distraction an cause an accident or injury during an accident an won't cover my vehicle much longer if not taken care of. I noticed with most as mine did it happens right out of warranty. I have been patiently waiting for the call back but seems I will have to get the media and my attorney involved. It's sad this is going to have to go this far when GM should have recalled this a long time ago!
Hello, I have that typical dash crack in my 2013 SSV. at first it was a crack that opened up a bit in cold weather and closed again in warm weather. Did anyone find a better solution, even not perfect? I heard about there are shells one could put over it, to cover the top of the dash all together. Are those still sold? (are there places that install them.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 11:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmetz
Hello, I have that typical dash crack in my 2013 SSV. at first it was a crack that opened up a bit in cold weather and closed again in warm weather. Did anyone find a better solution, even not perfect? I heard about there are shells one could put over it, to cover the top of the dash all together. Are those still sold? (are there places that install them.
No repairs work. It's like putting a new roof over a rotten frame. The dash will continue to crack. When the crack meets another crack, it will fall into the frame. I've replaced and repaired, nothing has lasted more than 4 years. I have noticed the part number has changed, maybe the material has improved. It's a gamble. Good luck.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 3:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bamafutbal
noticed a crack in the dash today, 3-4 inches long. no idea how this could have happened. anyone else??? also does anyone know where i can get a replacement new or used (but has to look new)
thanks
john
gainesville fl
What did you do with it???