Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2011, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Breanne from Chevrolet Customer Service, can you direct me to someone who can help with my GMC Sierra? I have the same issue with the dash cracks.
Old November 18th, 2011, 2:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> C6inFL,
I am sorry to hear about your frustrations regarding this issue. I have looked into the case number you provided and I would like to start another case if it is alright with you. If so, could you please pm me your VIN number, the current mileage of the vehicle and let me know of any changes in your contact information. I look forward to hearing from you!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 19th, 2011, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dash problems still not addressed

I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ with 41k miles and the dash cracked at the left top corner of the passenger air bag, I took it to the local Palm Chevrolet the service writer looked at it and said he would have the service manager look at it, the service writer came back and said the manager does not need to see it he knows the problem and he would call me in a day or so.
I waited a week and went back to Palm Chevy and the service writer just said theres no-one here you will have to come back during the week. Customer service is a thing of the past I think.
I am not sure that this vehicle is going to be a keeper it is only 2 years old and has had a door lock actuator replaced, a broken rear door handle with poor design replaced, climate control buttons replaced due to peeling covers, Now a cracked dash.
I have spent less on my 2003 silverado with over 100k on it, my wifes 2005 Uplander has a power sliding door that will not operate and a radio that just blanks out from time to time.
Maybe the older the chevy the better
Old November 19th, 2011, 7:59 PM
Official GM Rep

ozinus,
I apologize for your frustration with your Tahoe dashboard. I would like to research your issue further if you would allow. Could you please pm me your name and VIN number so I can look into this issue for you? I understand your frustration and will do everything I can to help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 21st, 2011, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default ThereIs hope

Well guys I just had my truck fixed for free! My honest opinion would be is just call GM and don't bother talking to the service dept on getting your dash fixed. Were all in it to make money and so are they. first time I went in I was loooking at $ 900.00 installed, they only charged gm 325.00 for the repairs. Ill post the name n number of my case worker later she was the best!!! Always kept me in the loup n always called daily for updates.
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

I am still awaiting for someone from GM Customer Service to contact me to see if I can get mine fixed as well. Please HELP!!
Old November 21st, 2011, 3:22 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> supply_guard,
I apologize for your frustration with your Tahoe. Could you please pm me your name, mileage, VIN number and the dealer you normally work with? Have you been to the dealer for this issue already? I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 22nd, 2011, 7:44 AM
CF Beginner

Default VIN information

How do I contact you Louis?? I have not contacted the local dealer as they are not high on my friend list.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
supply_guard,
I apologize for your frustration with your Tahoe. Could you please pm me your name, mileage, VIN number and the dealer you normally work with? Have you been to the dealer for this issue already? I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 22nd, 2011, 9:33 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> You can contact me directly through this forum. You can either post your information publicly. Or you can send me a pm. If you click on my screen name "Chevrolet Customer Service", a drop-down menu will appear with an option to "Send a private message to Chevrolet Customer Service". If you have any further questions, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called the 800 number, they called the dealership and set up an inspection appointment for me. Said the door handles are no problem, and that they would have to inspect the dash as it was 'very unusual'. We will see monday

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????