Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2011, 3:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Crack of all Cracks!

So i have become one of the many to join the "40 + thousand dollar vehicale with a cracked dash" club My 07 Avalache just recived its third crack above the speedo today...... the first 2 were by the air bag, no big deal not to big.... but the one where i have to stare at every time i drive is the one that hurts the most..... anyone know what i can do... called the dealler they said 850 installed. called gm and theyre looking into it .... love the truck hate the cheap plastic they put in it.... all original no armor all on the dash... not even an after market radio. i only have 68000 miles on her.

Last edited by RFlorez; November 2nd, 2011 at 3:56 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 4:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

RFlorez Welcome to the forum, stay on GM, they know there is an issue and don't let them tell you otherwise...Get a case ID, you may need to try a couple of dealers thou the one you bought it from is your best bet....
some have gotten them free, some $200... be polite be persistent...
Update the forum with your results as the more ammo the better it is for you and others...
Old November 3rd, 2011, 8:13 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RFlorez,
Do you have your case number from when you talked to a GM Rep? If you would send it to me I can look further into it for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old November 4th, 2011, 9:06 PM
CF Junior Member

What about the rest of us on here. I got no help from GM on my2007 LTZ on my case closed. Case # 71-928242708 dealer didn't do anything because I don't use them regularly for service and the rep ignored my calls and did nothing.

Last edited by C6inFL; November 4th, 2011 at 9:11 PM. Reason: Left out case number
Old November 5th, 2011, 7:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the service manager is having a bad day, you are out of luck. my guy said "this is your fault because you used armor all, there is nothing we can do for you" for one i didn't use armor all and second i immediately emailed armor all with his quote including his name and where he worked and they were not too happy. he is no longer with palm chevy but it does me no good now as they have closed my case
Old November 5th, 2011, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

You may want to try multiple dealerships as stated above as well as remind the Service department that the cracked dash (especially by the airbag) is a major hazard for any of your passengers and should you ever get into an accident and the airbag deploys, that piece of broken plastic could kill or seriously injure your passenger.
Old November 6th, 2011, 10:45 AM
CF Junior Member

I still feel there are enough people here with this issue to have a class action law suit against GM. As stated this is a known defect that could potentially cause serious harm yet it's continually ignored or put back on the owner as YOU caused it.
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Add me to the list. I have a 2007 Tahoe that is garage parked day and night. In the past few weeks I've noticed the crack above the airbag and along the back side of the instrument cluster. I was able to see that the cause is the plastic mounts on the inside are breaking off resulting in the dash flexing and cracking. This should have nothing to do with Armor All or sunlight. I have actually found pieces of the broken dash mounts in the floor board of the car recently and was wondering where it came from. Today I found a large piece with the metal clip retainer and was able to identify where it came from because the entire dash is no longer attached on the top driver side. It is very thin, brittle plastic. I suppose within a year the entire dash may fall apart considering the number of broken pieces I've found.

I love the way this vehicle drives but I won't be able to justify purchasing another GM. I've had too many problems. Since the warranty ran out it has cost a fortune. The rear-end has failed twice and it is not used for pulling. The instrument cluster failed and had to be replaced. The parking brake began dragging and required axle removal for repair. It was just diagnosed with a power steering pump problem.

I love the functional designs of the GM vehicles but the quality of materials is lowsy.
Old November 8th, 2011, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default another day, another wait...

well i took the truck to Gillman chev. in San Benito Tx 956-399-2491 and spoke to ernie about the dash hoping he had some good news and he said we would have to wait on the gm to see what they say... called gm and they were going to get a local gm rep to go see what they could do as far as repairing it or replacing it.my claim number is 71-100446925. I traded my WS6 for this "safer" vehicle, and now i have to worry about my daughter finding small broken pieces of plastic on the carpet n seats. If anyone thinks they can help please do. pm me or email me at Rolandoflorez21085@yahoo.com. thanks for the time
Old November 9th, 2011, 9:21 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> RFlorez,
I tried to pull your case number up to look through it and it would not come up. Will you double check your case number for me. Also, let me know after you hear back from your rep.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????