Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2011, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Update

Thaks Jeff!

I got a call from Jeff and he opened a case for me. I was then contacted on a daily basis by another customer care rep. This rep was in contact with my local dealership and kept me updated on what was happening. I received a call on Monday that they had gotten the dealership to cover the labor -$200 deductible and GM would provide the parts. I am scheduling to have the dash replaced next week. This is perfectly acceptable to me. Thanks GM for stepping up!
Old February 25th, 2011, 6:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal for you. can you give out your case number and names at gm you talked too.
Old February 27th, 2011, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

GM and I agreed to a 50/50 deal.

I ordered the dash last week. Best they'd offer me, will end up costing me under $500. Beats their 1st offer (posted earlier).

I asked the GM Rep if there was any guarantee the new dash wouldn't crack or if it was redesigned. She didn't have an answer but said the part should be covered for 12 months. Guess I'll just have to expect the new dash to crack again in 3-4 years...
Old February 27th, 2011, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Dear GM/Chevrolet:

Looks like someone got around to making you a video. Cracks look familiar to anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ikSCklf7g8

Glad to see someone finally documented these issues on video for the whole world to now see. My kids found this by accident. Hope you can get around to making a commercial exclaiming an all new redesigned dash, at least it will make me feel better a little better after paying around $500 to fix your design defect.

Bad publicity like this can't be cheap to correct...
Old February 27th, 2011, 4:25 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

Guess he didn't realize you just have to push the button above the gauges to lite up the odo.
Old February 27th, 2011, 4:33 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

damn.... He summed it up well at about the 3:30 min mark of saying this dash is 'F'ed!' view it while you can, its libel to get pulled...
I liked that he pointed out some other issues, thou he did not point out the one item I do have on my 07 is the peeling rubber coating n the steering wheel...
Old February 27th, 2011, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

The 07 tahoe I owned before my 09 had the same problem! In fact, mine looked similar to the one in the pic, same place and size. Although I did not have it repaired; I purchased a dash mat... Got the job done and when trade-in time came, the dealer never noticed!
Old February 28th, 2011, 8:28 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Everyone... Just wondering, I have the infamous dash crack too. I have an 07 Suburban with 42000 miles, my dash cracked at about 37800. Figured I was out of luck, but after finding this forum, hopefully there is a little hope.
What is the procedure for starting a case? Do I go to the dealer first, or can I call Chevrolet directly to start a case? I like my 'Burban a lot, but I never had any issues with the vehicle I traded in on it, so needless to say, it makes me second guess my decision sometimes.
I also have the peeling A/C buttons, and steering wheel. Have had the door handle replaced, as well as the gears in the rear end after they decided to lose some teeth. (At about 17000 miles for that adventure)
Anyways, if it sounds if I may be able to get a case on the dash, I need to get the ball rolling.
Thanks in advance,
4bz1d1a
Old March 1st, 2011, 8:47 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

4bz1d1a, you can directly contact Chevrolet Customer Assistance using the number that is in your owners manual or you can send me your information an I can start a case for you. I hope to hear from you soon. Also, if anyone that is having this issue that hasn't contacted my yet please do so. I would like to see that all of you get this properly looked at and hopefully taken care of.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 9th, 2011, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Jeff!
Got called Tuesday morning by GM, dropped truck off last night after work.
Service dept at dealership looked at it, called GM, new dash is ordered and will
be replaced. Thank you so much for the prompt and courteous help.
Dennis

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????