Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 8th, 2013, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ihave a 2007 tahoe LTZ 63,500 miles on it and have three cracks on my dash it looks like it is starting to break apart it is black on black and I really take great care of it and now the dash is a big eye soar any suggestions I live in Jacksonville Florida thanks for any help
Old April 9th, 2013, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Welcome to the forum

Have you check GM Parts Direct...GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Thanks!
I tried searching on the site you suggested but couldn't find it, am I not looking hard enough?
Old April 11th, 2013, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer was NO HELP!!!

I have a 2007 Tahoe that I take great care of and I have three cracks in the same place as most people in the forum. I contacted my dealership Steve Moore Cheverolet in Charlotte, NC and reported/explained the issue. The person informed me they would look up my vehicle by VIN and get back with me. When they returned my call several hours later I was informed that the dash would be $493.00 and the installation would be $420.00. Then he proceeded to tell me that I may need to have something else replaced (sorry can't remember or eitehr I wasn't listening at this point) that would be another $305.00. WOW!!! Thanks Chevy for standing behind your vehicle. This will be my LAST chevorlet vehicle. I know this may not be a representation of all their vehicles but this was enough to move me and everyone else I can influence away from Chevy. Also I talked to my brother in law in SC and he has the same three cracks.
Old April 11th, 2013, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dareal_wow
I have a 2007 Tahoe that I take great care of and I have three cracks in the same place as most people in the forum. I contacted my dealership Steve Moore Cheverolet in Charlotte, NC and reported/explained the issue. The person informed me they would look up my vehicle by VIN and get back with me. When they returned my call several hours later I was informed that the dash would be $493.00 and the installation would be $420.00. Then he proceeded to tell me that I may need to have something else replaced (sorry can't remember or eitehr I wasn't listening at this point) that would be another $305.00. WOW!!! Thanks Chevy for standing behind your vehicle. This will be my LAST chevorlet vehicle. I know this may not be a representation of all their vehicles but this was enough to move me and everyone else I can influence away from Chevy. Also I talked to my brother in law in SC and he has the same three cracks.

You might want to get with Chevy's customer care department directly (www.chevrolet.com/help/contact-us.html). I sent them an email and later received a phone call. I told them the issue I was having and they mentioned that they were aware of the problem with the 07 models. The representative mentioned that they would help with the cost of repair and offered to call a local dealer to setup an appointment to have my truck looked at and get an estimate on costs. I was on hold for about 5 minutes and she returned to tell me that the dealership would replace my dash at a cost of $200, I agreed to the terms and scheduled the appointment. Dropped the Avalanche off at the dealer last night and am waiting for the call to come pick her up..
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello,

Please check your PM. I have requested some information from you. Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

Jeff,

I have been to my local deal several times regarding dash cracks, door handles, steering wheel peeling and raido peeling issues. They have refused to log the issue or help out with calling regarding the issue. Any thoughts on how to get help? I have a 2007 Tahoe
Old April 12th, 2013, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Mike_P
Old April 12th, 2013, 3:36 AM
CF Beginner

Erica Tiffany
I checked my PM, I have 0 unread 0 total.
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Erica Tiffany
I checked my PM, I have 0 unread 0 total.
Dareal_Wow,

I requested you send me your VIN, mileage, address, and dealership name you have been working with please. I will then be able to look into your situation further.

Thank you,

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mike_p
You might want to get with Chevy's customer care department directly (www.chevrolet.com/help/contact-us.html). I sent them an email and later received a phone call. I told them the issue I was having and they mentioned that they were aware of the problem with the 07 models. The representative mentioned that they would help with the cost of repair and offered to call a local dealer to setup an appointment to have my truck looked at and get an estimate on costs. I was on hold for about 5 minutes and she returned to tell me that the dealership would replace my dash at a cost of $200, I agreed to the terms and scheduled the appointment. Dropped the Avalanche off at the dealer last night and am waiting for the call to come pick her up..
I did this too they offered me no help why will they fix some but not others?

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????