Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2013, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my dash too

I have a 2007 suburban Z71 with 111,000 miles on it. My dash cracked probably 6 months ago. I am the second owner and after reading the stories decided to live with the crack.

Took my truck in for the other notorious chevrolet problem of the AFM lifters sticking causing a loud noise from the engine while driving. They replaced all lifters AFM and normal and the camshaft per a GM bulliten. Due to milage it was at my cost of $4,400.

I mentioned the dash when I brought the truck in and he said he'd talk to GM but it might be $200 or $300 deductable for me to pay. I got the dash replaced for free, not sure if dealer picked up the cost or GM did but it is fixed. Service guy said that since I was a good chevrolet customer and I had all that other work done the dash was free.

Between me and my brother we have owned 91 S10, 94 Silverado, 95 2 door Tahoe, 98 GMC Denali, and currently 2 2005 Avalanches and a 2007 suburban. Of all the trucks the 2007 has had the most problems. So much for improvements in technology. The best engine was still the 5.7 V8.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked dash

I have called and called Chevy and GM they want over $1000.00 to fix my dash they are not willing to pay for any of it not only that but that have been rude and will not even acknowledge that this is a problem with their product. SO ANNOYED
Old April 3rd, 2013, 7:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by awartz
I have called and called Chevy and GM they want over $1000.00 to fix my dash they are not willing to pay for any of it not only that but that have been rude and will not even acknowledge that this is a problem with their product. SO ANNOYED
What year?? And how many miles??? LS ? LT or LTZ?
Old April 3rd, 2013, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
What year?? And how many miles??? LS ? LT or LTZ?
2007 LT and 90,000
Old April 4th, 2013, 3:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by awartz
2007 LT and 90,000
I say go up there and talk to the manager Everyone in the service department cant be ignorant.!! Someone has to know something.. Even if you have to bend your story a lil, tell em you have friends that went to the dealership with same issues, And GM is giving all dealerships a pass and are paying for this. And someone needs to look into it. Tell em there is only a 100$ deductible for a situation like that. Heck, show em the receipt, and show em pics of people on here. This is a GM customer appreciation thing. Now its up to them if they wanna do it for free, but i know there is a 100$ deductible.
With all this being said, for those who are more educated about GM completely, i wanna know, does these dealerships make money off of replacing items? Because im starting to think the only reason why dealerships dont wanna replace these things is because they know they arent making any money off of this . I could be just speculating, but this is the only reason i can see this happening the way it is. Unless, there really is a bad batch, which could be identified thru a VIN. (which i doubt)
Old April 4th, 2013, 4:14 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Romeo5k I think it depends on each dealership, GM probably pays some of it and the dealer pays some of it... it could also depend on which dealerships are independent and which ones are affiliated with GM...
Old April 4th, 2013, 7:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
Romeo5k I think it depends on each dealership, GM probably pays some of it and the dealer pays some of it... it could also depend on which dealerships are independent and which ones are affiliated with GM...
Ahhh.. hmmmm didnt think of that one!!.. How to tell from the outside if they are inddependent or affliated?
Old April 7th, 2013, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Louis, Good day,I also have a 2007 cheavy tahoe that i would like some help wih.After reading some of the other post your i am hoping you can help me.My dash is not only cracked in the most common place right near the airbag but there is also a crack about the cluster.I am in the jacksonville fl area and would like your help on gettingthis fixed.I can be contacted via email .Kenholtlav@hotmail.com .Please help i am truly at a lose.
Old April 8th, 2013, 8:57 AM
CF Beginner

Any one know where a replacement dashboard can be found online?
Old April 8th, 2013, 5:23 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_p
Any one know where a replacement dashboard can be found online?
Welcome to the forum

Have you check GM Parts Direct...http://gmpartsdirect.com/

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????