Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2013, 8:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DealershipForum.com - View Single Post - GM changes "Goodwill" Policy.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

me too.
Old March 24th, 2013, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
I'm sorry you are getting the run around.. but as you see above I just took mine in. And I am the second owner. After they took my keys I asked the service tech what was causing the crack. They told me they were not sure. They said tey think it was a bad batch. With that said, GM has granted a replacemnt on any that has cracked with a deductible of 100$ even with no extended warranty. I got no hassle, no b.s. With alll this said I think you need to go to another GM dealership. So in other words.. there is a a conditional recall on these dash boards.
Thanks Romeo5k, but I already went to the Chevy dealership next town over and still nothing is done. All they did was recommend the person that does their dash repairs (for this same vehicle might I add). Any dealership near Midland, Texas want to step up and make this right?
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by JRALTZ_07
Thanks Romeo5k, but I already went to the Chevy dealership next town over and still nothing is done. All they did was recommend the person that does their dash repairs (for this same vehicle might I add). Any dealership near Midland, Texas want to step up and make this right?
JRALTZ: I posted the receipt.. Tell them as a GM dealership, they have to participate in dealer activities. Period and point blank. The only reason i said this is because when i went to Classic Chevrolet,
#1 I didnt buy my Burb from them, I bought mine from Mossy Nissan
#2 When i got there, i played dumb and asked why is my dash cracking like this?.. The lady responded about it being a bad batch of dash boards that came thru.
And i have more miles than you!. If i were you, id take my receipt and show them, And let them know.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-img_20130322_154145.jpg  
Old March 25th, 2013, 5:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Well as amazing as it may seem I'm back here again a little over 2 years after GM replaced the dash in our 2007 Tahoe. Guess what? Cracked again. Guess what again? Found a similar crack, on the same day, in the dash of my 2010 Sierra. It's sad but also funny that when I noticed the crack in on the Tahoe this time around we were at the dealer for some other work and I asked him about getting it replaced and commented to him that I'd been fortunate not to have the issue in the Sierra. About 3 hours later, for the fun of it I took a look at the Sierra and sure enough. Same spot, same length, etc..

The rep at the deal said they could replace the Tahoe dash for the $100.00 deduct but I haven't talked to anyone about the Sierra as of yet. Fingers crossed I can get a similar deal since I'm about 3 months and 30K out of the 3y\36K warranty.
Old March 26th, 2013, 8:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Told ya...... Soe how they have worked up a warranty plan and GM said our deducti le is 100 bux!! JRALTZ_07. Id raise hell if I were you
Old March 26th, 2013, 2:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by robsieb
Well as amazing as it may seem I'm back here again a little over 2 years after GM replaced the dash in our 2007 Tahoe. Guess what? Cracked again. Guess what again? Found a similar crack, on the same day, in the dash of my 2010 Sierra. It's sad but also funny that when I noticed the crack in on the Tahoe this time around we were at the dealer for some other work and I asked him about getting it replaced and commented to him that I'd been fortunate not to have the issue in the Sierra. About 3 hours later, for the fun of it I took a look at the Sierra and sure enough. Same spot, same length, etc..

The rep at the deal said they could replace the Tahoe dash for the $100.00 deduct but I haven't talked to anyone about the Sierra as of yet. Fingers crossed I can get a similar deal since I'm about 3 months and 30K out of the 3y\36K warranty.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> robsieb,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please keep us posted of the results.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 26th, 2013, 4:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Romeo5k
JRALTZ: I posted the receipt.. Tell them as a GM dealership, they have to participate in dealer activities. Period and point blank. The only reason i said this is because when i went to Classic Chevrolet,
#1 I didnt buy my Burb from them, I bought mine from Mossy Nissan
#2 When i got there, i played dumb and asked why is my dash cracking like this?.. The lady responded about it being a bad batch of dash boards that came thru.
And i have more miles than you!. If i were you, id take my receipt and show them, And let them know.
Thanks for the service receipt Romeo5k! I will be off this Friday so I will head to the dealership and use this as back-up on how it needs to be done. Hoping for good results this time around!!
Old March 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> robsieb,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please keep us posted of the results.

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Thanks Louis. We've not scheduled the Tahoe in yet but when we do and while dropping it off I will also show them the crack in the Sierra.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

It has been over a year since I attempted to have this issue rectified. A year ago when I called GM and visited the dealer, I only had the crack at the passenger airbag. The decision at the time was that they would split the cost 50/50 with me and that was not acceptable. Now a year later, the crack at the drivers side hump has shown up and is getting big, fast! So, my question to everyone here, is the $100 deductible something new in the last year? That sounds far more reasonable and at this point I would be willing to go pay the $100 deductible to have this all behind me and have the truck looking good again. So, if last year they were only willing to cover 50%, can I now go and have it fixed for the deductible instead?

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????