Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2012, 9:06 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old October 17th, 2012, 9:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by in2pro
No doubt, however if you have done anything that could be considered a modification and your dash is cracked, be prepared to be turned down for any compensation.... meaning put it back the way you found it before making a claim
And also don't admit ever using any protecterant or other cleaning agents.
Old October 17th, 2012, 9:24 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by expo
I am a new member but I was looking for something else with another problem I was having with my wife's 07 Tahoe. I saw this thread and I also have a crack in the dash. I bet it is the same spot as ya'll are talking about too. I haven't tried to take it in yet, but I guess there is no need. It's funny that ya'll are have the same problem! Just to add a alittle fuel to the fire, my mom has a 06 or 08 Tahoe and her dash is cracked too! Amazing!

You need to go to National Highway Transportation Safety Administration and file a complaint. If there are enough then they will force GM to do something.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
Old October 18th, 2012, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2009 Chevy Sub 48500 miles. out of warranty

I just got a call from my local Chevy service adviser, and he told me that "regional manager" decided to take care of my dashboard at no charge instead of "$100 Deductible".

I think anyone having this problem needs to be very persistent on this matter.

I thank Mr. Louise for following up with me and everyone on this forum.
I wish everyone solves this matter as it was supposed to be.

Thanks.
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
CF Beginner

After some stutter-stepping due to apparently estimating based on the wrong part and then ordering that wrong part, Jim Stutzman Chevrolet in Winchester, VA replaced my dash for me yesterday. The workmanship appears first class, and I guess I'll just have to see whether or not the part lasts as long or longer than the one that was replaced.

Does anyone know if there has been a design change to the dash since these problems first started appearing?
Old October 19th, 2012, 3:02 PM
Administrator

Some where in this thread, someone posted pics of the old and the new and there was a design change. More webbing in the new design. Don't know when the new design was incorporated into production.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ahve a 2007 Suburban LTZ and the exact same thing happened. I live in South Fla but this should never happen. My truck is in excellent shape and this crack really upsets me. I am calling Chevy customer service tomorrow and letting them know that this seems to be a very common defect. After seeing all these posts and googling "cracked dashboard chevy suburban", GM already knows about this. They should replace these defective dashes at no cost to us. I'm gonna give em hell!
Old October 28th, 2012, 4:36 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Some where in this thread, someone posted pics of the old and the new and there was a design change. More webbing in the new design. Don't know when the new design was incorporated into production.
It was post #544
Old October 29th, 2012, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am new to this site and wrote in two days ago in reference to my cracked dasboard on my 2007 Suburban LTZ. I just called the 800-222-1020 customer service # for Chevy and was told that there was never a recall on this issue and they cannot do anything about it. What a bunch of BS. I am not a person to lay down so easy and will make many more calls to get to the bottom of this. They KNOW there is an issue here but are saying that they do not have any documented proof. They do not abide by what the forums say or what is on the interenet. This is what they told me. Can anybody give me some guideance here?
Old October 30th, 2012, 7:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Try contacting Louis at louis_henry@gmexpert.com

Originally Posted by mluz
I am new to this site and wrote in two days ago in reference to my cracked dasboard on my 2007 Suburban LTZ. I just called the 800-222-1020 customer service # for Chevy and was told that there was never a recall on this issue and they cannot do anything about it. What a bunch of BS. I am not a person to lay down so easy and will make many more calls to get to the bottom of this. They KNOW there is an issue here but are saying that they do not have any documented proof. They do not abide by what the forums say or what is on the interenet. This is what they told me. Can anybody give me some guideance here?
Try contacting Louis at louis_henry@gmexpert.com He's been able to help a lot of guys.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????