Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2010, 4:59 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

fpetrini Who was your service writer? I have been going to James Stein for all of my servicing...
Old October 21st, 2010, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is Tony Dao at Champion. He has always taken care of us (my wife and I) on this Tahoe and our last. While I would love to not pay anything, Taking it to Capital and trying to get them to do it for free is not worth the $100 I am paying for the convenience of going to Champion, where it is close to my house and I have always trusted them with my Tahoe's (current and past)
Old October 21st, 2010, 1:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Update - Dash and all four door handles replaced. No Charge. Now if I can just get off my butt and get the iPhone working in my 2010 Sierra. Sad thing about that is the service manager that I was working with on it has now moved on and I need to re-educate a new one. GM has a case number but want me to take it back to a dealer to "reconfirm" there's a problem. Oh well, that's another thread.
Old October 21st, 2010, 2:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default iphone

Originally Posted by robsieb
Update - Dash and all four door handles replaced. No Charge. Now if I can just get off my butt and get the iPhone working in my 2010 Sierra. Sad thing about that is the service manager that I was working with on it has now moved on and I need to re-educate a new one. GM has a case number but want me to take it back to a dealer to "reconfirm" there's a problem. Oh well, that's another thread.
what part of it does not 'work'.... for the bluetooth issues I had I got a check for $340.00

it still doesn't work (show outgoing caller ID) on calls, but incoming now works 100%.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 7:29 AM
CF Junior Member

SabrToothSqrl - bluetooth has always worked well, its a connection issue as well as a firmware issue with the head unit in the truck. If you're bored you can read all the gory details in this thread:

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=iphone

Currently due to the update to iOS 4.1 when I plug the iPhone in it will play for about 10-30 seconds and stop. The iPhone shows that it's playing but no sound. Also has the same issues with the iPod Touch on iOS4.1.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I'll ask this question again...how come we are not hearing about this on the Escalade? what is different with the design? is it a physical design flaw or a materials...
Old October 25th, 2010, 7:59 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I noticed this weekend I joined this great group...small crack from the back of the airbag toward the front windshield. we have 55000 miles and keep it in the garage and use a sunshade when parked. either way there is no reason a modern vehicle should have this problem if it was parked outside in TX heat for years.
I will read through this thread to get up to speed but sounds like it may be how lucky I get at the dealer when I take it in if I can get it replaced for free/small charge
Old October 26th, 2010, 3:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI the dealership I have gone to called me and said they have a new dash in stock and will replace for $200, like a basic deductable. He said it is an all day job and the service manager agreed it seems to be a problem but since it is out of warrany and it is technically "plastic trim" it would be hard to get it replaced for free.

honestly that is not too bad but it seems that GM should cover this for free considering it is a manu defect. part of me thinks it is not right to have to pay any but the other part of me thinks $200 is ok since 1) they really don't have to replace anything under cost since I have 55000 miles 2) even if it was a manu defect it is nothing that will cause major damage or harm and it is not a safety issue.
Old October 26th, 2010, 9:06 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

Can you check underneath the old and new dash to see if there is any discernible difference?
Old October 28th, 2010, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

It's been over 2 weeks now and still no reply from Chevy Rep here online or a call from GM themselves. Since then, I took my truck to another local dealer to even see if they will entertain my dash replacement. No luck there either. I'll give GM a call now and see what they can do for me.

Ritchie

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????