Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2010, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KG, what was the mileage of your Tahoe at the time of repair? Were you within the full coverage of 3 year/36,000 miles?
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dash Replacement for those out of Warranty!

I would like to get a feel for how many out-of-warranty dash replacements are being done.
Old October 11th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

rich05, I did attempt to e-mail you. Apparently it didn't reach you. I do apologize for that. I will be direct messageing you shortly.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a call from the customer service rep. They got with the dealer and informed me that they would only take care of 50% of the cost to replace the dash. I can't wait to see what 50% is!!! considering labor is $80.00 an hour and I'm guessing its at least a 5-8 hour job, on top of the cost of the dash. I'm feeling a dash cover in my near future!!
Old October 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

My 2007 Tahoe LT had 45k miles on it when they replaced the dash.
Old October 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

I just got a call from a customer service rep (the second one I have had) to advise me that GM will only cover 50% of my cracked dash. The dealership that evaluated my dash (twice-upon the request of cs) advised that it was definately a manufacture defect. How does that equal up to me having to pay $400 out of my pocket for a defect from the factory??? Obviously GM does not stand behind their product. The customer service rep also was asking me if I had previously owned another GM product. Almost like if I was a return customer, they would try to take care of me. WHAT A JOKE!!!!! They would not even address the peeling steering wheel or the outside trim that turned a rust color due to the sun (according to the dealer). I am extremely angry and disappointed.
Old October 11th, 2010, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same boat here..... I was told they would cover 50%!!!
Old October 11th, 2010, 6:57 PM
CF Beginner

Got the PM Jeff. Just replied to you now. The ball is in your court. Thanks again.

Ritchie
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:50 PM
CF Beginner

0% offered here...lol. My disposition must not be pleasant enough.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:44 AM
CF Beginner

Glad someone at GM finally took notice an issue. 50% is more than my 0%/case closed/pound sand offer (hi Shaniqua/Chev CS). +22k miles later, 2 of my cracks are fully separated from front to back over the "hump". Can see right down into dash now. Too bad it's 1 piece and I care, otherwise I could pull off the loose parts and stop the rattling...

I could just swap dashes with my work truck, a '07 Suburban...oh that's right, it's cracked also and in the shop for 1 week now awaiting replacement chrome interior door handles to be installed so I stop slicing my hand.

Who is the designer who thought up the 1-piece dash, I want to see their bonus check for this innovative feature. I can't see how they could possibly make fixing something more expensive and time consuming. Where is Quality Control team, asleep or working on the Volt?

I need to find a support group for disgruntled former GM owners. After 8-9 GM vehicles (all I ever owned), I'm finally going to do it and to jump ship. Wife wants a Mustang and I'm not going to stop her or suggest otherwise.

Co-worker asked me about my Tahoe, looking to purchase new vehicle. I happily presented to him the cracks in that and the Suburban. After a shocked look, he said he would be looking elsewhere. I'll continue to show to anyone who wants to see it thanks in part to my wonderful experience with Chevy Customer Service.

Chev initially declined to even look at vehicle (not their problem). After speaking with Supervisor, they then wasted 1/2 a day of my time at a dealership who looked at it for 10sec (yep, that's a crack) but Chev jumped the gun and called to confirm not their problem again, before I even arrived at the dealership (oops).

Anyone know what a cracked dash will do to resale value? What are the risks of a cracked dash around the airbag panel? According to Chev Customer Service, if I feel it's a safety issue, they will help me make arrangements to replace the dash--at my cost.

Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, Yukon...how many vehicles have this same issue? Lots of angry customers on the horizon.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????