Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

fourkays62 and ingeniero77 Welcome to the forum...
Thanks for the updates... do contact Chevrolet Customer Service via this forum and get a case started... it may help you get the dash replaced for free or at a lower deductible...
Also follow up to this thread so that others may learn from your experience good bad or otherwise... not to mention a reference for others...
Old March 18th, 2014, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Chevrolet Silverado cracked dashboard

OK, so I went and dropped off the truck this afternoon at Valmark Chevrolet to get the dashboard replaced. I am in the service area and they have to run it through warranty before they can do it. The service adviser comes back to me saying that I have to pay $500 and not the $250 that I had gotten quoted. He made it clear that they have to go off a new calculator that was emailed to them from GM. Lets just say that I went from being calm to very mad . I told them that there was no way I was going to pay $500 for a cracked dash. I pretty much told them just to give me the truck back because I was thinking of trading it in for a Ford or Dodge anyway and that they just lost another loyal Chevy owner. So the adviser looks at me and says give me a couple of minutes. He walks away and comes back a few minutes later telling me that they would honor the $250 deductible since he had talked to the owner and he had approved it.
I let them keep my truck and gave them some other work to do on my truck since they did help me out. The people at Valmark Chevrolet are great people and seems to really have excellent customer service. I don't blame them for trying to charge me $500, especially when GM had given them a new calculator to use. I am extremely upset with GM that they would not make this right and it took the dealerships goodwill to get my truck dash replaced. It would be nice if Valmark had another type of Dealership so that I could go buy a new truck from them.
Old March 18th, 2014, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

I didn't realize that my dash was cracked on my 2007 Tahoe when I brought it in to Coggin Chevrolet at the Avenues for other service. They replaced it for $350. I have 105,000 miles & about 400 miles left on my extended warranty. They said that it wasn't covered under the extended warranty.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-img_1166.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-img_1165.jpg  

Last edited by tipnring; March 20th, 2014 at 7:39 PM.
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the pictures and update on how your dealer handled the issue...
Who is your dealership?
Old March 19th, 2014, 4:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi tipnring,

We're sorry to hear of this concern. Please feel free to follow up with us regarding your dealership visit and also so that we can document this concern within our database. If our help is needed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. We look forward to hear from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 19th, 2014, 9:19 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi ingeniero77,

Thank you for providing us with this update. We are sorry to hear you have experienced this concern with your vehicle! GM and the dealerships work together to determine the possibility of cost assistance. I am happy to hear of the result, and if assistance is needed in the future, we are happy to help!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by ingeniero77
OK, so I went and dropped off the truck this afternoon at Valmark Chevrolet to get the dashboard replaced. I am in the service area and they have to run it through warranty before they can do it. The service adviser comes back to me saying that I have to pay $500 and not the $250 that I had gotten quoted. He made it clear that they have to go off a new calculator that was emailed to them from GM. Lets just say that I went from being calm to very mad . I told them that there was no way I was going to pay $500 for a cracked dash. I pretty much told them just to give me the truck back because I was thinking of trading it in for a Ford or Dodge anyway and that they just lost another loyal Chevy owner. So the adviser looks at me and says give me a couple of minutes. He walks away and comes back a few minutes later telling me that they would honor the $250 deductible since he had talked to the owner and he had approved it.
I let them keep my truck and gave them some other work to do on my truck since they did help me out. The people at Valmark Chevrolet are great people and seems to really have excellent customer service. I don't blame them for trying to charge me $500, especially when GM had given them a new calculator to use. I am extremely upset with GM that they would not make this right and it took the dealerships goodwill to get my truck dash replaced. It would be nice if Valmark had another type of Dealership so that I could go buy a new truck from them.
Old March 20th, 2014, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

new to this,how do I get to the chevy folks?
Old March 20th, 2014, 7:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ingeniero77
I am extremely upset with GM that they would not make this right and it took the dealerships goodwill to get my truck dash replaced. .
Agree 100% !!!!!!!!!!!

Making customers fight their local dealers is a sleazy way of side stepping this defect.

And it wont earn my repeat business...apparently that does not matter to GM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Administrator

I have had the good fortune of not having the cracked dash *so far, in my 07...

With the recent recalls and media attention GM has gotten over the faulty ignition switches and other issues.. this might be a good time to really start pushing the dash issue, it may not be a direct safety issue, but it is a quality issue that can add a bit of "ouch" to the bruise GM is getting right now...

Everyone that has had the cracked dash issue needs to report it to GM and the dealership they bought from...

Seems to me that $250 for replacement is the general going rate... GM should stick with this... better to have disappointed customers that at least have a new dash, rather than turning them away bitter never to return....
Old March 20th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by fourkays62
new to this,how do I get to the chevy folks?
Welcome to the forum.

Go to one of their posts and click on their name and send a private message.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????