Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2012, 9:55 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 66nova
I have to give a big thanks to Louis and Bankston Chevrolet in Fort Worth. Got my truck back today and its great. Dash looks great. Not a single squeak or rattle. GM treated me right plus washed/detailed my truck.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> 66nova,

That's great news! Thank you for the update!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed back to CS, so far, I haven't seen any response from GM. I received a missed call, and called back per voice mail left, but no one answered the call.

my frustration level continues rising!

Thanks GM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Update, took truck to the dealer on Monday, spent a whole 3 min there, they ordered both pieces of the dash and replaced today at no charge! Truck was purchased used from this dealer, they replaced the dash right after purchase and again today. Truck is a 2008 LTZ Silverado with 80k miles. I have to admit, they were so good to us, I will buy another vehicle from them when the time comes.
Old October 11th, 2012, 7:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Ditto here too. I've had more than my share of problems with my 2008 LTZ but Mac Haik in Houston has taken care of each one without hesitation. I love my dealer but I'll keep louis_henry@gmexpert.com GM Customer Service Representative email address real close. He has saved GM's rear on this one. Now, if they could only permanently fix my brakes!
Old October 11th, 2012, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by chxpla2
Update, took truck to the dealer on Monday, spent a whole 3 min there, they ordered both pieces of the dash and replaced today at no charge! Truck was purchased used from this dealer, they replaced the dash right after purchase and again today. Truck is a 2008 LTZ Silverado with 80k miles. I have to admit, they were so good to us, I will buy another vehicle from them when the time comes.

Good for you.

I wasn't that lucky.
I just got a call from regional customer service center, and told me that they will go by "$200 deductible offer" from my local dealer. I brought up that I heard some dealers took care of this problem at no charge, and she said that is "case by case." Based on what?

Anyway, I will take this time to let the world know I am through with GM and their "worthless junks"

BTW, I am reporting this matter to NHTSA as well.

Thank you!

Last edited by bbschevy1; October 11th, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After posting about my recent dash crack someone from the user name Chevy Customer (Tina not Louise) team sent me a PM offering to open a case and look into offering help. I would like to thank her for trying. I had not planned on trying to get them to pay for it as it seems they never help the second owner. I sent Tina my requested info and she opened a case on my truck. She sent me a PM and told me that someone from my district would contact me by phone in a few days. Sure enough with in a few days a lady by the name of Ava called me. It was a Friday, I missed her call. She left a very polite message stating that she would call me back Monday between certain hours. Too my surprise she called me exactly when she said she would. I was told that they would like me to take my truck to Darcars Chevrolet in New Carrolton Md and she had already called them, talked to the manager and was told there would be no charge for them to look at it. I figured what the hell, my inner door handles were chipping and this gave me the push to finally get them replaced under GM's campaign to replace them under warranty. My appointment was to drop it of at 8am today and was told they open at 7 am. I arrived just before 8, out of 3 service writers only 1 was there so I had to wait 10 min before they took my truck in. I heard them say they did not know why my service writer was not there yet. At around 10 I received a call from the service manager Vadeam. He tells my that al 4 door handles would be replaced at no charge and the had the parts in stock. He also said they would have to order the dash (I thinking cool Gm is going to do the right thing) and it would be $1,300 and some change. I said hold up you are not suppose be giving me an estimate you are suppose to be reporting to GM ( Ava stated she had talked to some Manager at that dealer already) and that before I gave them $1300 I would buy the dash wholesale from your dealer for $380 and put it in myself. He told me he was not aware of reporting to GM and took Ava's phone # and extension. It seemed to me that no one at that dealer has heard about the cracking dashes. At 4 pm I called Darcars, was on hold for over 5 min before I was told the truck was not done yet and they would call me. At 4:10 Ava called me and left a message stating the truck was done and she would call me tomorrow and discuss their decision. When I picked me my truck they tried to give me keys that belonged to someone else. They then called for my truck to be brought out front. After 10 min the service advisor went to get it himself (he was a cool dude and seemed to be on point). I read my receipt it stated "Customer states dash cracked behind passenger air bag. Needs new dash. GM declines assistance and customer does also" Sure looks like no help for me. Really not sure why they wasted my time, they reached out to me. Who knows maybe Ava will have better info tomorrow. If she tells me GM is not helping I will not get mad at her (not her fault she is just an employee doing her job) (I did not expect it anyway), I will thank her for her time. Inform her I will never buy another GM again. Ask her if GM is willing to put it in writing that if the passenger side airbag deploys it is not a safety risk of piece of dash blowing off and striking someone
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe everyone with a cracked dash should write on the back window the age of their truck the mileage and the words Cracked Dashboard. If there are several thousand trucks with this on the window maybe we will get more attention for GM
Old October 12th, 2012, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

There sure is alot of new member on this issue over on the Facebook page.
Old October 12th, 2012, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Hardtime Hank
There sure is alot of new member on this issue over on the Facebook page.
Could I get FB page? thanks
Old October 12th, 2012, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

This is becoming a joke.

I just got a call from my local Chevy svc dept, and the guy said, "we got an email from District Manager to take care this dashboard with $100 Deductible."

They are still refusing to take a full responsibility and now trying to bargain with me.

Shame on you, GM
Don't forget you were revived with all the Tax Money.
Now it makes me "sickening" to even think about this whole mess.

This is simply a "Piece of Junk."

Thanks

Last edited by bbschevy1; October 12th, 2012 at 5:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????