Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2012, 9:47 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe

The same thing happened to my 2007 Tahoe dashboard cracked behind the airbag and over the instrument cluster. I bought a new dash for it $450.00 from Chenrolet. I sold the Tahoe before my dash came in. I would sell the dash for $150.00 it is black still in the box. I am in Winter Garden, FL.
Old October 5th, 2012, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

My local Svg Mgr said, I have to pay $200 deductible? to fix this.
Deductible for the "Defect"?....I am amazed. $50K truck getting Cracked dashboard in 3 years?
Old October 5th, 2012, 8:54 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bbschevy1
Deductible for the "Defect"?....I am amazed. $50K truck getting Cracked dashboard in 3 years?
I agree, the defect is not acceptable, however the $200 is one of the better alternatives I have seen offered, you could say no, but consider the hit you may take on resale. Or spend the above mention $450 to do it yourself at about 7 hours of labor if I recall correctly.
Again I don't like it either, but what can you do, aside from forming a class action suit
Old October 5th, 2012, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I agree, the defect is not acceptable, however the $200 is one of the better alternatives I have seen offered, you could say no, but consider the hit you may take on resale. Or spend the above mention $450 to do it yourself at about 7 hours of labor if I recall correctly.
Again I don't like it either, but what can you do, aside from forming a class action suit
Thank you for your advice.
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

We had this same cracked dash a year and a half ago.. does it crack again? YESSS!!!! Same cracks, right by the air bag and right on the hump, this time it took out the dash piece in front of the windshield.. i'm beyond pissed, this is ridiculous, and it happens when it's under pressure, like going up in elevation, the first time ours cracked we were going to Vegas and while climbing up in elevation CRACKKKK! Second time, going to Flagstaff, climbing up in elevation CRACKKK!!! They need to find a fix for it, not a new dash that is the same as the last that cracked and will crack again!
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by chxpla2
We had this same cracked dash a year and a half ago.. does it crack again? YESSS!!!! Same cracks, right by the air bag and right on the hump, this time it took out the dash piece in front of the windshield.. i'm beyond pissed, this is ridiculous, and it happens when it's under pressure, like going up in elevation, the first time ours cracked we were going to Vegas and while climbing up in elevation CRACKKKK! Second time, going to Flagstaff, climbing up in elevation CRACKKK!!! They need to find a fix for it, not a new dash that is the same as the last that cracked and will crack again!
Wow now that is interesting, I have not heard of a repeat offender...
I would think it has less to do with elevation and more with the exposure to the sun/heat/UV from the windshield... I'm hoping you are taking it back for repair...
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bbschevy1
Hello bbschevy1,

Is the deductible because of a GMPP you have? If we can check into this further with you, please don't hesitate to contact us via private message or email (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Wow now that is interesting, I have not heard of a repeat offender...
I would think it has less to do with elevation and more with the exposure to the sun/heat/UV from the windshield... I'm hoping you are taking it back for repair...
Considering the truck is garaged and then parked under a shade structure at work, not much sun exposure is going on. Just letting you guys know.. it will happen again. The first time it happened, it was winter, 32 degree's and climbing up a mountain (paved). I have an appt with the dealership on Monday for them to look at it, write a ticket and see if GM will help out on it, i'll let you know what happens then.

Last edited by chxpla2; October 5th, 2012 at 1:11 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello bbschevy1,

Is the deductible because of a GMPP you have? If we can check into this further with you, please don't hesitate to contact us via private message or email (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
I do not believe I have GMPP. It sounds more like that manager talked with either GM or upper management, and trying to split the expense. I already sent an email thru GM website, and got a return call and was told that someono from GM will call me. I will see how things develop.

thanks
Old October 9th, 2012, 8:48 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sactodreamer
New to the forum today. I recently purchased my 07 Avalanche with the dash crack from a friend. It is very disappointing that Chevy isn't covering this issue. In my case Chevy has an easy out since my Avy has just over 155K on the clock. Although, I really don't think (and from what I've read) this is a milage issue. I contacted Chevy yesterday just to give it a shot and i was shot down.

The lady I spoke with cracked me up because while she was asking about my situation she asked if there were any dash warning/info lights on. Purely a scripted interview...HAHA! I was very fortunate that she also took the time to tell me about the door handle repair.....but by the way...you're out of warranty for that to. Gee thanks for rubbing it in lady.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> sactodreamer,

Did Customer Service give you a case number? If you would like, please PM me the number and I will see if additional information is available.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????