Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FlFunk
WOW!! It is amazing how many people are having the SAME PROBLEM but CHEVY/GM are not handling this as a RECALL and just fix the freaking PROBLEM for all and be done with it as we...the CUSTOMER...THE PEOPLE will not stop until they do the RIGHT thing!! I too have the very same crack by the airbag and on the top by the steerin wheel that's longer than life!! It looks HORRIBLE and is QUITE EMBARRASING to say the least to have this happen in what suppose to be a top notch vehicle! I'm paying top notch dollars but what I got was a low budget busted up hoopty! This has got to stop AMERICA! I want a case...who do I contact...Louis? Expect to hear from me soon. If this issue does not get resolved PEOPLE can u say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!! I CAN!! We have to stand together and make the big companies do what is right by their CONSUMERS WHICH IS HOW THEY GET THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER!!!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> FlFunk,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to proceed, please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 2nd, 2013, 1:07 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

FlFunk
Welcome to the forum... GM actually gets there bread and butter from a federal bailout..
But anyway, keep us updated on your results on getting a resolve....
Old February 6th, 2013, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crack

I would like to know also what they do about it. I have an 07 and it too has that crack. They should do a re-call on it and fix it.
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nixdg
I would like to know also what they do about it. I have an 07 and it too has that crack. They should do a re-call on it and fix it.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> nixdg,

Please PM me your your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer. I would be happy to look into this further for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 7th, 2013, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Re: Another Cracked Customer

So......I've been contacted by GM and they have coordinated an appointment with my local Chevy dealer to ''check things out''...to see what they might be able to do. Good step in the right direction. However, as the District Rep so adamantly and strongly stated in the voicemail left on my phone.....''This is NOT.....repeat.....NOT a promise of anything''....lol.....Alrighty then!!! We shall see what happens....I will keep you all posted....as the saga continues
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

So.....I go into the Chevy dealership and met the guy who I had the ''appointment'' with and OF COURSE...HE PRETENDS TO NOT EVEN KNOW I WAS COMING......AND.....ALLEGES HE DID'NT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE APPOINTMENT!!......OK.....SO I AM SUPER PISSED AT THIS POINT BCUZ THIS IS SOME BULLSH&#!!!! Basically....as I told this GUY...I see this is going to be a ''run around'' deal where nobody wants to take responsibility for this BS!!! He then tries to explain the process...well....GM has to do this and my service manager has to take pictures of the vehicle and GM has to tell us how much u pay BLAH BLAH BLAH BULLSH$# and more BULLSH$&!! So if I need to deal with the Service Manager then why the HECK did they make the appt with you..wasting my time...when you pretend to not know anything or can help me?? BTW...THE SERVICE MANAGER IS NOT HERE AND U WILL HAVE TO BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.....WTF DUDE!!! I will be in contact AGAIN with GM and this Service Manager guy and I will not stop!! I AM SURE THERE IS A LAW FIRM THAT WOULD LOVE TO TAKE ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST GM!! Too many people have been affected by this BS!! Stay Tuned................
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Well , at least they didn't tell you they had never heard of any cracked dash issues....
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

OK.....so I call the dealership back to get an appointment with the Service Manager and I am greeted with a very unprofessional receptionist on the phone who thinks there is something funny about me trying to reach this guy.......WTF....so I leave a very detailed message with the SM. About five minutes later I get a call back from the dealer from a very nice manager who apologized for the UNPROFESSIONALISM I have dealt with thus far just dealing with them. He said he would take action on my case and work with GM to try to get this resolved. Halelujah...there are good people out there that does care about the CUSTOMER!! So...he says I should hear something by Monday next week.....And the saga continues........stay tuned
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Did some research....a group of 07-08 Chevy Impala owners filed a class action suit against GM for manufacturing IGNORANCE...a defect that causes wear on the rear tires....hmmm...GM issued a Service Bulletin only addressing law enforcement vehicles but not the civilian vehicles.....WTF??? Ok...that's some BS right there....Sounds like we have a strong case here folks........IJS.....let's see what the big corporate giant do for us........and waiting........
Old February 8th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

If you had read some of this thread, you would have found info on a more congenial way to go about getting a satisfactory resolution to this problem.

Obviously jumping down the service writer's throat is not going to work especially if you didn't buy the truck there and/or that's your first time you've graced them w/ your presence. Sounds like you might get some action in spite of a rocky start. Good luck.

As far as a class-action lawsuit, best out come is you'll get a buck $3.98 and the lawyers will get the millions.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????