Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
I would think that as long as you post only company related ( GM phone numbers) and names it should be okay, but do not post any personal contact information (home phone, cell phone, personal email etc)
I would also be cautious about posting full email addresses as they can be fished out and spammed and we don't want that to happen to a good or reliable contact that we might find.....

I do think its a good idea to post the names of reliable Dealerships...

Its okay to post the names of Dealerships that you felt did not give good service but do not flame them, only state that you received poor service and as to why you felt you did.
My customer care rep was Haley and my case number is 71-904531563. I am still waiting for the part to come in. I am working with FH Dailey in San Leandro, CA. Just as a reminder, I agreed to pay $250 to have the dash replaced in my 07.
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Case # 71-906474240

This is my case information.

Case # 71-906474240
Vehicle Info -2007 Chevy Tahoe LS
Miles - 48,800 (45,000 when the crack appeared.)
Original Owner- Yes
Interior - Gray
GM Customer service rep - Dwight, and now a girl named Jessica, who hasn't called me back, and has a full voicemail box.
Dealership I'm working with:
Maroone Chevrolet
1300 North Federal Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Assistant Service Manager: Brian Crystall

Dealership says they were called by GM and told they were not covering it, and would leave it up to the dealership as to whether I could have it replaced at a discounted rate.

Brian called me today.

The cost....$455.00 + taxes and shop fees.

He said the total would be close to $500. I told him that's not good enough and that I would take it up with GM.

I am determined to get this to recall status. Not only for me, but for everyone involved, including those who have already paid to have this repaired.

This is not right. The dealership that I mentioned above has used 2008 Tahoes for sale on it's lot with the same dashboard crack.

I will continue to update the status of this ridiculous, soon to be recall situation going forward.

I urge everyone to share their case information as I did above. That way we can use it as leverage when we call GM.
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:00 PM
CF Junior Member

2007 Tahoe LT purchased 12/9/2006.
Dash Cracked at 68,100 miles Nov.25th 2010.
Was very cold morning going to see family for Turkey day.
I contacted Kristie at 866-790-5600 ext: 11330
I filed a complaint with her on 11/26/10 at 11am.(71-893-522-299)
I had my new dash installed on 12/29/10 at Davis-Moore in Wichita Kansas. I paid a $200 deductable.
It was a fight early on, but they worked with me.
I was told if there was a recall issued I would be refunded.
I was told this by GM and my Dealership.
I fully expected a recall so it was easier to pay the $200.

I called GM today, Kristie was not available, but I was helped by another rep. (I didn't catch her info).

She told me that a recall was issued on June, 24th 2010, but that it was not released yet.

She said my account shows it being processed for a recall and refund and to expect a letter in the mail in the near future.

Last edited by denayer; January 14th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 2:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default Why is GM all over the place on this?

I'm just trying to understand why GM is all over the map on this. I was told it was not even on their radar. Not even at bulletin status.

I called GM yesterday at 1-800-790-5600 and spoke with Victor at extension 12635. He said they would cover half the cost of the dashboard. That would leave me paying almost $500 out of pocket. He also said there is NO recall, not even a bulletin on this. Where are these people getting their information from.

I totally let him have it. I explained to him how I has not seen my vehicle for almost a week. I dropped it off at Maroone Chevrolet in Fort Lauderdale, FL on Monday because my instrument cluster burned out. I was driving about a week ago and smelled a terrible burning smell. Then I realized that my information screen that tells my mileage no longer lit up. I also had a very dim gear indicator. I took it in on Monday, and was quoted $531.00 + shop fees and taxes to fix it. Now their saying they want $500 more for a faulty dashboard, I'm pissed.

When Victor finally got a word in, he apologized, and said he would need until Monday to see if they could do anything else for me. I explained that my truck was at the dealership, with the dashboard off anyways because of the instrument cluster replacement, but he said it didn't matter because GM handles every incident on a case by case basis, so when they are finished putting my faulty dashboard back in, I will probably have to take it back to be ripped back out.

No wonder they needed a bailout!!!!

I wanna know what the recall or bulletin number is. Because from person to person over at GM, all their stories are different. They seem to admit nothing, or plain out lie about it.
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EXACTLY billy76, thats why i asked in earlier message is for everyone to start listing their gm contact person and case number. we need to make a UNIFIED case against gm with facts instead of rants against a gm pencil pusher. with actual case numbers we stand a much better chance of getting this solved for all of us. thanks to those who have spent the time and effort so far
Old January 18th, 2011, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Hello Everyone. Here is the latest with me. (as previously posted, case number 71-904531563, 800-709-5600 x 11348 Haley, dealer is FH Dailey in San Leandro, CA).

Still not satisfied with having to pay $250 (which I know is a lot better than most of you are getting) I emailed GM. I was impressed when I got a call Saturday morning and was told the case would be escalated to my district manger. I was told to wait until I spoke with the DM to take my car in. I received a phone call on Monday and was frustrated when it was Haley, my original contact. After a long conversation (no yelling) she tells me that as far as she knows, I am the only person in the country with a cracked dash.

It is worth a shot, but I think we should all start calling the same person and use each others case numbers as examples. Bamafutbal is right, we need to be unified and more importantly organized.

My car is at the dealer now. I pick it up this afternoon.
Old January 18th, 2011, 9:17 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Great follow up and I agree , that calling GM and not just your local dealership is the way to go... GM needs to hear the complaint from the end user / owner.
Old January 18th, 2011, 9:19 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Gotknee
Hello Everyone. Here is the latest with me. (as previously posted, case number 71-904531563, 800-709-5600 x 11348 Haley, dealer is FH Dailey in San Leandro, CA).

Still not satisfied with having to pay $250 (which I know is a lot better than most of you are getting) I emailed GM. I was impressed when I got a call Saturday morning and was told the case would be escalated to my district manger. I was told to wait until I spoke with the DM to take my car in. I received a phone call on Monday and was frustrated when it was Haley, my original contact. After a long conversation (no yelling) she tells me that as far as she knows, I am the only person in the country with a cracked dash.

It is worth a shot, but I think we should all start calling the same person and use each others case numbers as examples. Bamafutbal is right, we need to be unified and more importantly organized.

My car is at the dealer now. I pick it up this afternoon.
I say everyone on this forum contact this haley and see what she says. It would also help if you all had pictures with your licence plates in it so she can see they are different trucks.
Old January 18th, 2011, 9:28 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Thumper_ehhhhh
I say everyone on this forum contact this haley and see what she says. It would also help if you all had pictures with your licence plates in it so she can see they are different trucks.
I suspect one of the identifiers they request is the VIN so they can verify the model and year of the vehicle not to mention all the build info for your vehicle...
Old January 19th, 2011, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by branhunt
I called the number above for my 2008 Tahoe that has the issue and GM stated that it is a "bulletin" now and that a district manager will contact me within 24-48 to resolve the problem. This is good news and I hope the follow through will be even better. I will update once I hear from the DM. Thanks for the posting!!
I have my Tahoe in Bruce Lowrie (Fort Worth) now and they told me after I threated to take my business elsewhere to get better customer service, the Service Manager is fixing my dash for $100 deductible. I truly hate causing a scene or raising my voice in any situation, but it got to the point where they were not baking down and I know another dealership would have taken care of me. But that one is a much farther drive for me. Anyway, I will post once I get the Tahoe back this afternoon and let everyone know.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????