Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

73Shark, they replaced it when I was not there so I could not see the underside. but the top looks different for sure. The color/texture is very slightly off vs the back part now. It feels somewhat softer maybe vs the very hard part up against the window now. The fit is much better also it looks like.
DEVNATOR21 - where are you located? you can have your dealership call mine - El Dorado 972 596 0151 his name is Jack Harwell
Old November 16th, 2010, 8:19 PM
Administrator

Received 160 Likes on 158 Posts

No wonder they went bankrupt. That's an insulting response.
Old November 26th, 2010, 2:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue here too!

I just noticed my dash today.

I expect a recall due to how many customers have seen this happen to their vehicles.

It makes me sick to see this on such a beautiful vehicle.

I think it will only get worse as time goes.

The Door handle Chrome issue was another deal.
My wife cut her hand on the door handle, I called the dealer and was told I would have to pay for them to be replaced.
I was like WTH? I removed the loose chrome and waited to see if there would be a recall. About a year latter we got a recall on the 2007 Tahoe Door handles. I expect the same with the dash.
Everyone please call GM and complain and have them give you a referance number, once they have gotten enough complaints I think they will fix it.
If they don't I will never buy another GM product.

Last edited by denayer; April 29th, 2017 at 7:43 AM.
Old November 26th, 2010, 2:19 PM
CF Junior Member

I just noticed my dash today.

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_1.JPG

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_2.JPG

http://www.dannydenayer.com/images/Tahoe_Dash_3.JPG

I expect a recall due to how many customers have seen this happen to their vehicles.

It makes me sick to see this on such a beautiful vehicle.

I think it will only get worse as time goes.

The Door handle Chrome issue was another deal.
My wife cut her hand on the door handle, I called the dealer and was told I would have to pay for them to be replaced.
I was like WTH? I removed the loose chrome and waited to see if there would be a recall. About a year latter we got a recall on the 2007 Tahoe Door handles. I expect the same with the dash.
Everyone please call GM and complain and have them give you a referance number, once they have gotten enough complaints I think they will fix it.
If they don't I will never buy another GM product.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
Old November 26th, 2010, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default www.nhtsa.gov

I commend you all for your patience and diligence. I purchased my 04 chevy Suburban for its track record of durability and dependability. I will admit that I have not experienced the amount of problems that some of you have. If I had I would be furious. If you have done everything with in your power to resolve issues at the lowest level, it's time to take the next step. If your issues are not resolved, write a certified letter to the regional manager and specify the details. Get the names of everyone you talked to during the process. Last but not least, take a look at www.NHTSA.GOV once you review this site you will know what to do next. Be sure to report rouge dealerships to the BBB.
Old November 27th, 2010, 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

I've gone thru several hoops with GM Service and the dealership. Dealership can't do much if anything. GM offered to cover the part ($360.00) and me pay for labor ($316.00). I'm not happy at all. Also, the dash is cracked on the driver side next to the hump now. First crack is by the passenger air bag... They've ordered the dash and I guess they'll call. Not too happy spending this amount of money for a vehicle and have this type of defective material stuff happening. I've got a 2009 GMC Sierra and I'll probably never buy another GM product. What a shame.
Old November 28th, 2010, 9:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Keep any receipt's you spend, I think there will be a recall and you would be reimbursed. It took about a year or so with the Door Handle issue for the recall to be released.

This Dash Crack issue is a major problem and it is happening all over the place with 2007 Models and some newer Models.

Please keep hounding GM and your local dealer and even contact the local BBB and file a complaint. You can file a BBB complaint online.

http://www.bbb.org/
Old November 29th, 2010, 7:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devinator21
I've gone thru several hoops with GM Service and the dealership. Dealership can't do much if anything. GM offered to cover the part ($360.00) and me pay for labor ($316.00). I'm not happy at all. Also, the dash is cracked on the driver side next to the hump now. First crack is by the passenger air bag... They've ordered the dash and I guess they'll call. Not too happy spending this amount of money for a vehicle and have this type of defective material stuff happening. I've got a 2009 GMC Sierra and I'll probably never buy another GM product. What a shame.
I got mine replaced for a flat $200 charge. The dealership said they would cover it like if I had a GM extended warranty - I do not but they still covered for that cost. I think that is a fair price for a vehicle out of warranty and honestly it may be an eyesore but it is not mechanical or a safety hazard.
Old November 29th, 2010, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 chevy suburban with around 80K miles and my dashboard has a smooth crack between the defogger blowers and the passenger air bag. I know it has been a while but i'd like to know what happened to those customers who had the same situation.
Old November 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be great if all dealers were on the same level of service. So far I was offered 1/2 of the repair cost, roughly $350-$400 out of pocket. This was offered after I filed the complaint with Chevrolet. I guess I'll add to the BBB complaints too.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????