Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2014, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2008 Tahoe Z71 that has developed the same crack that everyone else here has complained about and would like to be contacted by Chevrolet Customer Care to discuss my options.
Old April 28th, 2014, 7:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Djoxy,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern as well! You are welcome to send us a private message at any time and include your name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and name of preferred dealership. We can get you in contact with your dealership who can further assist you. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by Djoxy
I have a 2008 Tahoe Z71 that has developed the same crack that everyone else here has complained about and would like to be contacted by Chevrolet Customer Care to discuss my options.
Old April 28th, 2014, 11:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Need assistance on dash crack hazard

I have been living with this cracked dash for over 5 years because I was under the impression that since I didn't coat it down with lubricants that perhaps it was negligence on my part.

Well not only do I have the common two crack locations mentioned in these posts but I also have had the front dash trim actually break away at the retention tabs. It got to where only a few tabs remained intact so I removed it completely to eliminate the incessant rattling it produced while driving.

This situation as a whole presents a serious safety issues that has me reticent to carry my family in the vehicle that I purchased new from Chevrolet.

Can someone please contact me and assist in a resolution?
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ.

Last edited by d8abusa; April 28th, 2014 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Model update
Old April 29th, 2014, 7:19 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

d8abusa Welcome to the forum...
You can private message Chevrolet Customer Service your contact and vehicle information and they can put you in touch with a local dealership to work with and evaluate for possible resolution....
Click on Chevrolet Customer Service's name in the post above yours and use the private message option....

Please do follow up on what your outcome is good or otherwise...
Old May 3rd, 2014, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default No help from GM! Imagine that

So I was contacted by GM about the four cracks in my dashboard and they seemed very concerned. Of course once I got call from Chevy dealer here in San Antonio they said GM will offer no help and it would be full price to replace my dashboard. The cracks are so bad it just flops around when I drive. I even asked about the razor sharp door handles on the inside of both driver and passenger side. They said those should be covered but when they checked my vin they said there would be no help for those either and it would be $180 for each handle. I think we are going to trade in this car for a sequoia and get my wife a Camry instead of Malibu. Always been a Chevy guy. Now it's nothing but toyota for me.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
sorry to hear that you are getting the short end of the stick from GM...
Toyota has some great vehicles, but you need to stay on top of maintenance as that can be their shortcomings (preventative/required maintenance)
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

If you haven't figured this out yet Chevy Customer Service on this forum is a farce. They call the dealer for you, which you can do. They will contact the service manager, which you can do. The assumption is that Chevy corp/GM will cover the cost. That is not so. The dealer will make the decision and either do it as a good wil jester or not. Don't get caught up with Chevy customer service. They are just trollig these sites to try and keep good relations with customers saying we tried to help and just getting a consensus of what customers are thinking and feeling.
Old May 7th, 2014, 3:57 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

From what I can tell, the outcomes generally are dependent upon the attitude that the person goes in to the dealer with in the first place. Also it depends on if you bought the vehicle from the dealer you're trying to get the dash fixed at.
Old May 8th, 2014, 7:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, so try to keep a "good attitude" with your dealer.

Try hard not to be upset that your $55K truck has a split dashboard which was made in China or India and GM wont fix it. Try hard, say pretty please, and just maybe this bailed out, fortune 5 company will see fit to cover 1/2 of the $900 replacement cost. Please note that they will install the same dash again, the 1 that you must have abused with all those heavy valet tickets, dust, armor all, and ambient temperatures to cause the cracks yourself in the 1st place. And when it cracks a 2nd time, dont even think about asking for a 3rd one, their work is DONE.

Remember to say pretty please

Or just dont buy GM again, its much easier.

Jessica/Amber - please tell Mary again that the internet is still in fact plugged in, and the # of angry customers who wont ever buy GM again continues to grow.

and, x2 for this

If you haven't figured this out yet Chevy Customer Service on this forum is a farce. They call the dealer for you, which you can do. They will contact the service manager, which you can do. The assumption is that Chevy corp/GM will cover the cost. That is not so. The dealer will make the decision and either do it as a good wil jester or not. Don't get caught up with Chevy customer service. They are just trollig these sites to try and keep good relations with customers saying we tried to help and just getting a consensus of what customers are thinking and feelin
Old May 9th, 2014, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

I'm new to the site, but not to the Tahoe's. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with this issue , but speechless that there are this many problems with our cars.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Well I'm going to Love Chevy here in Columbia SC on Tuesday Case #711303833208 to see about getting the dash fixed on my 07 Tahoe. I reticently moved from Arkansas in June and have been dealing with this dash for the last year. When I asked my dealer in Arkansas about this issue I was simply told there was nothing they could do. I hope that Love Chevy can do better. <o></o>
<o></o>
By the way I have owned this rig since 07 with 24,000 miles on it and it currently has 113K. It is Garage kept and we use sunshades when parking outside. I am also struggling to understand the painted plastic side molding rust/mold that is creeping down my trim. This will also be looked at on Tuesday.<o></o>

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????