Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2015, 7:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I can say is this forum is obviously not the right method to communicate with GM. The GM trolls in here are obviously not relaying the message back to anyone at GM who can fully understand this situation.

We need to write letters to someone in corporate in Detroit. Almost half a million views on this thread.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I, like everyone else on this long thread, have several cracks on the dash of my 2008 Tahoe. I have had no luck in getting any help from anyone at GM. I have a friend that runs a GMC dealership, he took it as far as he could but GM would not let his service dept. change the dash of a Tahoe because it wasn't a GMC vehicle.

I found this petition online and signed it, it only needs 886 signatures to get moving. I'm not sure if this will actually help but it can't hurt. Here's the link:

Recall 2007-2013 vehicles due to the safety of cracked dashes
Old May 5th, 2015, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

GM parts direct has the instrument panel (dash) listed , its item #4 and comes in the 3 colors
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-dash09-1.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-dash09-2.jpg  
Old May 6th, 2015, 7:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks, I saw that too and may buy it. Im just worried that if its the same thing as my current dash, what would prevent it from cracking again?

Its not like I abused my current dash, what with those heavy valet tickets and all ... the replacement procedure is extensive, and I will likely break much trim that will also need to be replaced. It would be a tremendous waste of time and money to just put another faulty dashboard in there.

but ive gotta do something, my dash is almost cracked in 2 now above the cluster hump!
Old May 6th, 2015, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

You are right. In the long run it will cost Chevy more. I love my Suburban but will not buy another Chevy until they fix my dash or at least cover half. I just got my daughter a Honda Accord instead of a Chevy Cruz. Cost of dash verse a new car ? Wake up Chevy. Im getting ready to buy my wife a car. Wont be a Chevy even though she like their small SUV. Next year I will be in the market for a truck and 3 years my son will be driving. Dont get it with Chevy but I cant buy from someone who lies to you and wont back their product. Sad because they have equal or as good product as anyone. I wouldnt be so deadfast on this but after i replced the engine because of known oil consumption the dash was the last straw. all they had to do was pony up $150. Wow. Funny my new Jasper engine doesnt use a drop of oil verses 1 Quart every 1000 miles Chevy said was ok. Right! Just dont buy Chevy until they start standing by their product.
Old May 6th, 2015, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

I think I'm done with Suburban's myself. It's a shame because all I've driven have been Suburban's or Tahoe's. I'm starting to look now for a new car I may just go Landcruiser.
Old May 8th, 2015, 8:57 AM
CF Junior Member

It's amazing this has gone on this long.. Just like many of you this was the last straw. I had always been a loyal GM owner, as was my dad. My immediate family has (5) drivers, my 3 sons, myself and my wife.. Guess what, we went from (6) GM vehicle to (1).. Soon to be zero. I replaced my LTZ Suburban with a F150 Rapter , no regrets.. Wife loves her Lincoln MKZ.. Sold my C6 and C5 Z06.. Impala SS and Cruz.. Been very pleased with Ford so far.
Old May 11th, 2015, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default cracked dash

New Suburban sales are good right now C6inFL and I'm afraid they don't need you or me. They already have plenty of customers right now and they won't do what's right unless it translates into instantaneous economic outcomes that can be demonstrated on an income statement or balance sheet so they will be short sighted. The only car companies that have a history of those types of ethic principals that would step up and take responsibility for a screw up like this are Japanese car companies. And they would, it wouldn't be an issue. American and European don't unless they have to its a cultural difference.

If I thought they would install one that was fixed I would get my dash fixed because it really bothers me. But a reliable source tells me they're installing the same defective part so I'm not going to waste the money.
Old May 11th, 2015, 2:17 PM
Former Sponsor

I seriously think it would be best to take out your dash, stop drill the cracks. fill with an epoxy, touch up paint it, then reinforce it with fiberglass overlays on the underside. it will be a pain in the ***. thanks GM.
Old May 13th, 2015, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default cracked dash

I think you are absolutely correct gruvenparts. I wish I had the skill to do that. It's too bad, the truck 2007 Suburban has been trouble free with the exception of the windshield wiper fluid bottle cracking open. I'm on my 4th one of those I don't get it, its annoying. GM did replace the door handles and peeling plastic on the steering wheel a while back. Must have been a bad couple of years for plastic for GM. Other than the defective plastic stuff the truck's been mechanically perfect.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????