Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2010, 3:26 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by twrchief
1. Drilling noise coming from the AC unit when cold started during hot weather - GM mechanics could never hear it or find the issue

A GM guy on this forum said that was caused by liquid refrigerant going thru the compressor. I always thought this was a bad thing but he said they basically overcharge to get the good cooling that they do.
Old April 28th, 2010, 1:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
The chrome is probably covered because it is a potential liability and you could get cut and sue GM for it...not so much for the cracked dash...

yea I got the GM Major Guard for my 07 Tahoe since its still under factory warranty right now. If you actually go through your documentation on the Major Guard, it is not a true bumper to bumper. It does not cover interior parts, trim, rattles, squeaks, paint etc and alot of other stuff. I got the 0 deductable one also. It seems like it only covers the major things but I guess thats why its called Major Guard.
Old April 28th, 2010, 1:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1OHANA7
twrchief - you sure you're not driving my 08 burb? All but item #5 on your list has happened on ours. Let me know what you find out, I'll be interested to see what/if your dealer does anything about it. Our Burb has had the handles replaced, as well as the steering wheel center piece, that started to peel as well

i have the same noise comming from the rear end when i hit speend bumps etc going slow. Its like a errrg sound like you are spinning out or something. Im taking it in tomorrow for this.
Old April 29th, 2010, 8:10 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ChevyguyArmen
yea I got the GM Major Guard for my 07 Tahoe since its still under factory warranty right now. If you actually go through your documentation on the Major Guard, it is not a true bumper to bumper. It does not cover interior parts, trim, rattles, squeaks, paint etc and alot of other stuff. I got the 0 deductable one also. It seems like it only covers the major things but I guess thats why its called Major Guard.

Let us know when you come across a B2B warranty that covers "interior parts, trim, rattles, squeaks, paint etc".
Old April 30th, 2010, 9:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
Let us know when you come across a B2B warranty that covers "interior parts, trim, rattles, squeaks, paint etc".

that won't happen lol. I will settle for the major guard i bought. I'll probally have traded or sold my Tahoe before that warranty is even over.
Old April 30th, 2010, 4:52 PM
Administrator

Did you know that you can get a refund for the unused part of the GMPP?
Old May 14th, 2010, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Gm has come through

Guys,

I just got a call today from GM, they are replacing my dash, fixing my door handles, and everything else that's wrong with my 08 Burb.

I think they are starting to accept the fact these are factory defects, and that it would be better for them to address the individual coplaints oppossed to putting out a recall. For once they would have to spend a lot of money and replace these items for everybody with these particula vehicles, even if they haven't experienced these issues.

Anyway, I suggest you all contact GM directly and let them handle these issues for you, it is only fair. Here's their contact information:

Chevrolet/GMC Customer Service - 1-800-222-1020

My friend called today and they are escalating the issue for him, he also has the famous crack on the dash.

Good luck guys!!!!!!

Last edited by twrchief; May 14th, 2010 at 6:21 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old May 14th, 2010, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Rear Noise

Originally Posted by ChevyguyArmen
i have the same noise comming from the rear end when i hit speend bumps etc going slow. Its like a errrg sound like you are spinning out or something. Im taking it in tomorrow for this.
I was told today that it was the drive shaft, which they replaced!!! So apparently this is another factory defect on our vehicles.

Good Luck!!
Old July 6th, 2010, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

I also have the infamous crack on my dash and it is about 9inchs and still growing. Kinda sucks cause everyone is starting to notice it once they get in my truck. I've called the dealership and they have said that it is not under warranty and that I should start using "Armor All" even though it is not UV protection.
Old July 6th, 2010, 2:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twrchief
I was told today that it was the drive shaft, which they replaced!!! So apparently this is another factory defect on our vehicles.

Good Luck!!
I took my Tahoe in for the same noise - have to replace the slip yoke with an "updated" one. this piece is on backorder (I guess lots of these problems). it is under the 5year/100k warranty so will be replaced for free.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????