Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
You should get a post from Erica soon. If you don't want to wait, go back a page or two in this thread and find a post by her, click on Chevrolet Customer Service and send a PM.
Originally Posted by rlehma1
73shark,
Not sure what reason you have to stick up for GM or your dealer but you are full of ****. I just called Cable-Dahmer and talked to someone there in repairs and he said he has seen this issue before.

Still waiting for a name . . .
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JimDrew
The 1% concept is junk. Before the changes were made to put stress point reliefs (aka stiffeners in the new design), failure is 100% - no exceptions. As someone who does plastic and mould designs, I could have told you that the heavy weight and vibration would induce cracking in the original design. Any expert in plastic would say the same. This has been a KNOWN problem, with numerous "confidential" letters to service centers from GM corporate documenting the issue. The gigs up GM. There are several class action suits being prepared and now a NHTSA campaign. Get with your bean counters and do the math. It would be a lot cheaper for you to just swap out dash boards than having the GM name publicly drug through the mud over safety concerns and being forced to exchange every single dash board. You might get away with some people putting up with it or not knowing about it if you did a voluntary recall.
Please provide links to the lawsuits and NHTSA campaign.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by humour
Been following the forum for a while and I am now apart of the cracked dash club I have a 2008 Tahoe LT3 original owner and it's cracked in 2 spots by the airbag and behind the hump of the driver display. I have kept it very clean even with kids but now I just stare at them every time I drive does it vary on how big they will get for anyone else experience?
Hello Humour,

Sorry to hear about the dash. Private message me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership. Also let me know if you are the original owner. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Humour,

Sorry to hear about the dash. Private message me your name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealership. Also let me know if you are the original owner. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
PM Sent thanks!
Old December 19th, 2013, 2:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Humour,

Got it! Will reach out shortly.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 19th, 2013, 5:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and my 07 tahoe has been garaged since day one and cracked back in 09
Old December 20th, 2013, 8:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimDrew
The 1% concept is junk. Before the changes were made to put stress point reliefs (aka stiffeners in the new design), failure is 100% - no exceptions. As someone who does plastic and mould designs, I could have told you that the heavy weight and vibration would induce cracking in the original design. Any expert in plastic would say the same. This has been a KNOWN problem, with numerous "confidential" letters to service centers from GM corporate documenting the issue. The gigs up GM. There are several class action suits being prepared and now a NHTSA campaign. Get with your bean counters and do the math. It would be a lot cheaper for you to just swap out dash boards than having the GM name publicly drug through the mud over safety concerns and being forced to exchange every single dash board. You might get away with some people putting up with it or not knowing about it if you did a voluntary recall.

^^ what he said.

If GM spent 1/10th of their "social media" budget on actually fixing the issue as opposed to hiring worthless forum trolls who are merely running around customers when they know damn well the answers to questions, they would be far better off.

This is a great example of a huge company with extremely poor upper management, making extremely poor decisions. GM is still thinking this is 1990, with no internet, they havent figured out word travels fast now. You cant put lipstick on this pig, you actually have to fix the problem.

It has gone completely viral at this point, they are loosing millions of $ in lost sales because no one with common sense will touch another 1 of their products.

They could save face and actually do the recall. If they did, they would change my stance completely and I would be an advocate instead of a pissed off customer. I am not holding my breath, and GM shouldnt either for any more sales to me ...
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
If GM spent 1/10th of their "social media" budget on actually fixing the issue as opposed to hiring worthless forum trolls who are merely running around customers when they know damn well the answers to questions, they would be far better off.
Those "trolls" are hard working American employees doing there job with the tools, and guidelines provided to them by GM, give them a break, and a bit of respect for doing what they can...

This is a great example of a huge company with extremely poor upper management, making extremely poor decisions.
Come January 2014 that could all change with a woman at the wheel
Mary Barra Named GM CEO, Automaker's First Female Chief - Forbes

they are loosing millions of $ in lost sales because no one with common sense will touch another 1 of their products.
The Silverado is as of October 2013 the #2 selling vehicle in the nation
Top 10 Best-Selling Cars: October 2013 - KickingTires
Old January 4th, 2014, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, Ive been reading through this and I too have this cracked dashboard. I have a 2011 Tahoe PPV purchased with 20k miles on it now it has 36200 and its at the dealership for a transmission issue.. in any case whats the current status on these repairs being done and do any of you think this can be covered under the 3y 36k warranty or is 200miles to far out ?
Old January 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

What the dealer will do seems to be largely dependent upon individual dealers and your relationship with them. If you scan through this thread, you can see that there have been a lot of different outcomes for everyone.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????