Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2014, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

73Shark

Thanks for your reply. Ill check with the dealer...I mean hey its already in the shops anyway so what could it hurt!
Old January 5th, 2014, 9:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Carl Black GM in Roswell, GA told me that if I had spent more $ with them in the past, they would of fixed it free.

So, like has been said, getting this known defect fixed by GM is entirely dependent on how slippery you local service manager is. Great customer service policy GM ! Chance of me being a repeat customer (or spending 1 dime at ANY GM dealer) ? ZERO.
Old January 6th, 2014, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 silverado ltz vin 3gcrcteorag243087 case number 71-1258938968. The dash is cracked above the instrument cluster and by the air bag like every one else that owns a 2007 or up peace of crap chevy with the Tahoe style dash. Chevy dealership service department verified the cracks on the dash are stress cracks due to faulty design. They said the see it all the time. GM concluded that they could not help in any way with repairing the faulty dash because I am not the original owner. What me not being the first owner has anything to do with a gm faulty design I will never know. As for me and mine we will not buy GM again. We will go with a company that will stand behind there product.
Old January 6th, 2014, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe that I purchased new for $49,000. I have only 81,000 miles on it. The dash is cracked in 2 spots (corner of passenger airbag and just the other day an 8 inch crack above instrument cluster. They are offering me a $400 'deductible' to replace this junk dash. Both the Service Manager and Service Advisor at Auto Nation Superstition Springs in Mesa, AZ acknowledged this is a rampant issue. Brian, the 'Team Lead' in the Central Texas office of GM Customer Assistance tells me rather arrogantly that he is the highest person at GM who is 'customer facing'. He would rather try to take advantage of us (their customer) and charge me $400 than just fix this known issue. Brian says that it is entirely up to Auto Nation (the dealer) to decide to fix this issue free of charge. Auto Nation says its up to GM. The runaround - go figure! I guess Auto Nation (where I purchased the vehicle) doesn't care about my business either. I have called GM Customer Assistance several times, only to be transferred to this same 'Brian'. I will never buy another GM product again. I will am now launching a social media attack and contacting all the local news stations consumer rights investigation departments. You want a fight GM, I'll give you one.

Last edited by fordee7; January 6th, 2014 at 7:11 PM.
Old January 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Those "trolls" are hard working American employees doing there job with the tools, and guidelines provided to them by GM, give them a break, and a bit of respect for doing what they can...
Im sorry they are in the unfortunate position of representing a reprehensible company. They can also choose to work for a more reputable company and not take the brunt of comments like these. But this is how GM has set up their customer service - using internet trolls to lead people to slippery dealers in a never ending circle jerk of finger pointing. If that is your customer service policy, then you better get used to comments like mine.

Come January 2014 that could all change with a woman at the wheel
Mary Barra Named GM CEO, Automaker's First Female Chief - Forbes
LOL. Lets manage our expectations a bit here. You should expect NOTHING to change, she will likely never even know about this issue. You dont get to be CEO of GM by solving front line issues like these. Her work will probably be a million miles above this noise.

The Silverado is as of October 2013 the #2 selling vehicle in the nation
Top 10 Best-Selling Cars: October 2013 - KickingTires
Do you think that will continue ? With the growing # of threads such as these with hundreds of thousands of views, filled with angry ex-customers like me ? Its arrogant to say the least.

Last edited by gruvenparts.com; January 8th, 2014 at 8:07 AM.
Old January 7th, 2014, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

All,

I am original owner of 2010 Suburban w/100,000 miles and now two cracks in last 6 months on dash. Thanks to info on this board, I called GM and established a case. Then called local dealership I purchased from and left message (at the direction of GM). They called back and said they would replace for $100 sight unseen. I think that is fair...even though I am paying for mfg defect....it is not worth any more hassle.
Old January 7th, 2014, 8:10 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear that you got a settlement. Right or wrong, interior trim isn't covered by the warranty. Do you use this dealer for service work?

Surprised that no one is pursuing this issue w/ the NHTSA since an airbag deployment could send plastic shrapnel thru the cabin.
Old January 8th, 2014, 8:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Surprised that no one is pursuing this issue w/ the NHTSA since an airbag deployment could send plastic shrapnel thru the cabin.
well, im surprised i need to file a claim like this with nhtsa on a $55k truck... in order to pay for said truck, i have to work. therefore i dont actually have time to chase down gov't organizations or stroke all the local dealer service managers in atlanta in order to get a well known defect fixed.

no, i have to work for a living. next time i will just buy another brand and be done with this circle jerk.

NHTSA will not do anything, this does not pose an immediate safety threat. they wouldnt likely do anything if it did pose an immediate safety threat either.
Old January 9th, 2014, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

Well here is an update or whatever it is.... the service center advised that i would need to be the original owner... I bought the vehicle at around 21 - 22k but i guess that doesn't matter used is used ... I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue since my transmission parts are delayed in Detroit and the vehicle is just sitting there.. Maybe I can try a different service center... i only have 3 here.. thoughts?
Old January 9th, 2014, 6:40 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gruvenparts.com
well, im surprised i need to file a claim like this with nhtsa on a $55k truck... in order to pay for said truck, i have to work. therefore i dont actually have time to chase down gov't organizations or stroke all the local dealer service managers in atlanta in order to get a well known defect fixed.

no, i have to work for a living. next time i will just buy another brand and be done with this circle jerk.

NHTSA will not do anything, this does not pose an immediate safety threat. they wouldnt likely do anything if it did pose an immediate safety threat either.

If no one is filing a complaint, then there must not be a real issue...
filing a complaint is literally clicks away... it takes longer to respond to some of these post then it does to file the grievance... As previously stated in several post back, I only saw about 150 or so complaints for the cracked dash at > https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????