Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2013, 5:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I would pay the hundred dollars too if I was offered it but the best I can get is $550 and you better knock on some wood...
Old September 4th, 2013, 8:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Regulator26,

Have you had a chance to have GM Customer Care look into this for you? You can certainly private message us your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
PM Sent
Old September 5th, 2013, 1:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by strokinpower
I'm concerned that you feel so good about paying $100 for a defective part...
Yes sir I am extremely happy. Customer Service was exceptional with phone calls and follow up. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the dealer that performed the repair as they were very down to earth and helpful. I know I have a partner in the ownership of this vehicle and that is not a real surprise as I have owned GM vehicles previously.

I've dealt with situations and suffered enough in my life to appreciate positive experiences and this was very very cool of GM. If recognizing and stating that, causes you concern, you must have a pretty terrific life with never any issues. I hope it stays that way for you.

Cheers,
Gene
Old September 5th, 2013, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

Yea my life used to be pretty terrific before I bought this tahoe lol
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by strokinpower
Yea my life used to be pretty terrific before I bought this tahoe lol
Sorry to hear that. Good Luck Bro. !! Stay away from the Volkswagens. You've been warned.

Cheers,
Gene
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
CF Junior Member

I just now dropped off my 2007 silverado to have the dash replaced. When I first told them about the multiple cracks they agreed to replace it for the $100 deductable without even seeing the truck. They replace so many of them they had the dash in stock. They gave me a ride home and it should be done by closing today.

So I had to pay the $100 bucks on a known defect. I can live with that since it took 7 years for it to happen and I don't have an extended warranty.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any other auto mfg. that would replace a non safety related item on a vehicle that was 7 years old without an extended warranty.

Now cheverolet needs to get on the same page nationwide and take care of this for everyone. There is no way they can justify doing it for some and not others.

I'll report back when I get my truck back.

One other note...start the process through your local dealer but also realize it is not their decision. If you treat them well, maybe they will go out of their way to get the factory rep to do the right thing.
Old September 5th, 2013, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Add me to list of cracked dash. Dunno how long its been like this just accidentally ran across this thread, went out to check mine...yup its cracked. These still getting fixed? I only have 71000 miles on it and original owner.
Old September 5th, 2013, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Rooti
I just now dropped off my 2007 silverado to have the dash replaced. When I first told them about the multiple cracks they agreed to replace it for the $100 deductable without even seeing the truck. They replace so many of them they had the dash in stock. They gave me a ride home and it should be done by closing today.

So I had to pay the $100 bucks on a known defect. I can live with that since it took 7 years for it to happen and I don't have an extended warranty.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any other auto mfg. that would replace a non safety related item on a vehicle that was 7 years old without an extended warranty.

Now cheverolet needs to get on the same page nationwide and take care of this for everyone. There is no way they can justify doing it for some and not others.

I'll report back when I get my truck back.

One other note...start the process through your local dealer but also realize it is not their decision. If you treat them well, maybe they will go out of their way to get the factory rep to do the right thing.
Thats what has got me so mad, the fact that some get it done for a hundred dollars while others are expected to pay $550 on up and from what I have been told the dealership is the one who calculates how much you pay. When I started this whole process GM called me and then called the dealership who told them how much I would have to pay then GM called me back and told me. This whole process took over a month because neither me or GM could get in touch with the dealerships service manager. I really wish I would have started with the other GM dealer in town I think things would have worked out better for me because they are a little more customer service oriented being it's a Cadillac dealer as well as a chevy dealer.
Old September 5th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by counteru
Add me to list of cracked dash. Dunno how long its been like this just accidentally ran across this thread, went out to check mine...yup its cracked. These still getting fixed? I only have 71000 miles on it and original owner.
Hi counteru,

We would like the opportunity to assist you with your cracked dash. If you are interested, please private message us your full name, address, VIN, contact info and dealer. We look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 6th, 2013, 7:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Conteru, Go talk to the service mgr at your local dealership. My understanding is they have an "auto ok" from GM to replace the dash for 100 bucks if your the original owner and have under 100K.

Strokinpower, Go to your "other" dealership in town and talk to the service mgr and see what he says. My dealership has replaced dash's that were bought at the "other" dealer in town when they told their own customer no. I think a lot of it depends on the relationship the service mgr has with the local GM rep. If the service Mgr. is highly rated, the GM rep tends to do more for them.

Good luck to both....

I got my dash finished the same day and they even came and picked me up. I'm glad I got it done....

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????