Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update on my wife's 2007 Tahoe: spoke with Nikkie of "The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team." I'm finding out that there is no such thing consumer support when it comes to Chevy. After my wife cut her finger the second time on the razor blade like door handles, I took the Tahoe to a local dealer about the door handles a couple of years ago and was told that "it was NOT a common problem and they had never seen the door handles peel like that and because we were out of warranty it would be $300 to replace them." I politely declined to pay for what should be recalled. I have not taken it back for the peeling steering wheel, intermittent service traction control, service stabilitrac, service suspension, cracking dash for the dealership to tell me the same thing. Nikkie tells me that because we have so many miles on our Tahoe (that we bought new) the only thing she can help us with is the door handles because we went to the dealership a couple of years ago. I told her that doesn't make any sense because there are 50k mile Chevys with the same problems and that there are people that have had these same problems fixed by Chevy out of warranty!!! I told her that I didn't need the door handles fixed if the dash was going to be completely cracked in half in a few months. We would sell the Tahoe and although I have been raised a Chevy man, I would never buy another Chevy product in my life. To which Nikkie suggested I take it to a Chevy dealer to see how much they would give me for a trade in. WTH?!?!?!?!?! Seriously debating a class action law suit. Chevy has definitely dropped the ball on this one!!!
Old April 19th, 2013, 2:28 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmslaw
Update on my wife's 2007 Tahoe: spoke with Nikkie of "The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team." I'm finding out that there is no such thing consumer support when it comes to Chevy. After my wife cut her finger the second time on the razor blade like door handles, I took the Tahoe to a local dealer about the door handles a couple of years ago and was told that "it was NOT a common problem and they had never seen the door handles peel like that and because we were out of warranty it would be $300 to replace them." I politely declined to pay for what should be recalled. I have not taken it back for the peeling steering wheel, intermittent service traction control, service stabilitrac, service suspension, cracking dash for the dealership to tell me the same thing. Nikkie tells me that because we have so many miles on our Tahoe (that we bought new) the only thing she can help us with is the door handles because we went to the dealership a couple of years ago. I told her that doesn't make any sense because there are 50k mile Chevys with the same problems and that there are people that have had these same problems fixed by Chevy out of warranty!!! I told her that I didn't need the door handles fixed if the dash was going to be completely cracked in half in a few months. We would sell the Tahoe and although I have been raised a Chevy man, I would never buy another Chevy product in my life. To which Nikkie suggested I take it to a Chevy dealer to see how much they would give me for a trade in. WTH?!?!?!?!?! Seriously debating a class action law suit. Chevy has definitely dropped the ball on this one!!!
I am sorry to hear you had this experience. You can private message me your name and VIN I would be more than happy to look over your case. Thank you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 19th, 2013, 4:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash and Peeling Interior Door Handles

I purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2WD, LT1 on 02/20/2013. I immediately noticed that the chrome on the interior door handles was flaking off. I received a cut to my hand when opening one of the interior doors. Both the driver and passenger interior door handles are coming apart. I have read several complaints online with this model and it appears that no one has done anything about it. There is also a crack in the dash between the defrost vent and the airbag on the passenger side. A search of the internet reveals several complaints from hundreds of consumers who have reported these same flaws with this same model. Also, the trim on the steering wheel and radio buttons are peeling off. The 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe seems to be plagued with these three part failures and someone needs to look into this. A cut may not seem severe, until the cut doesn't heal properly, leaves permanent scarring and possibly the added threat of infection. I have taken this vehicle to my local Chevrolet dealer who stated that these issues were not covered by any warranty or recall. I am interested in a class action lawsuit to correct these flaws. This is the 3rd Tahoe I have owned and considered myself a loyal Tahoe owner. This is the only model year that I have ever had an issue with. I have photographs showing the flaws and associated vehicle mileage. I have filed a complaint with the NHTSA.

May 31, 2013. Update on my Tahoe situation:
Soon after posting this thread, Erica Tiffany sent me a private message regarding my issues. She asked for the usual information which I provided. She gave me instructions to go to my local dealership and have them give me a written estimate of the repairs needed, not for the actual estimate portion I think, but just to have it officially on record so that when GM contacted the local dealer, they would be talking about the same vehicle. I did that a day later. About 3 days after that, someone else....(don't have the name with me because I am on vacation, but will edit this again later) called me and spoke to me more regarding the situation. He asked how long I had the vehicle, when I had purchased, had it ever been wrecked, was it garage kept, how many miles were on it....all kinds of stuff. He said that he would get back to me in a few days. Before the day he was supposed to call back, I received a call from my local dealership, Rooster Bush Pontiac Chevrolet Buick GMC in Lenoir, NC. He told me that he had been on the phone with GM's customer service and that they agreed to fix my dash and the interior door handles for $200.00. Although this number may sound good in relation to the amount of the estimate, I wasn't too pleased. I told him that I wanted him to call them back and argue some more and that I would be thinking about it in the meantime. Later on that afternoon, I received a call from the guy at GM's Customer Care and he asked if I had spoken to the person at my local dealer. I told him that although thankful, I wasn't too happy and really wanted them to give my case another look. I tried every plea I knew, sometimes getting a little too personal probably, but I was fighting for me. It didn't end up doing too much good. All in all I had them fix it. The replaced the old dash with a new one and replaced the two interior door handles for $200.00. They did not repair my steering wheel. This update is real. My name is Tracy Pyle from Lenoir, NC.

Last edited by FireDiven; May 31st, 2013 at 9:03 AM. Reason: Update to Original Post
Old April 20th, 2013, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

I will galdly be alate part of amoney class action law suit and erica tiffany who actsthe like sheu helps will just never getagain back too you......QUOTE=Helmslaw;246250]Update on my wife's 2007 Tahoe: spoke with Nikkie of "The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team." I'm finding out that there is no such thing consumer support when it comes to Chevy. After my wife cut her finger the second time on the razor blade like door handles, I took the Tahoe to a local dealer about the door handles a couple of years ago and was told that "it was NOT a common problem and they had never seen the door handles peel like that and because we were out of warranty it would be $300 to replace them." I politely declined to pay for what should be recalled. I have not taken it back for the peeling steering wheel, intermittent service traction control, service stabilitrac, service suspension, cracking dash for the dealership to tell me the same thing. Nikkie tells me that because we have so many miles on our Tahoe (that we bought new) the only thing she can help us with is the door handles because we went to the dealership a couple of years ago. I told her that doesn't make any sense because there are 50k mile Chevys with the same problems and that there are people that have had these same problems fixed by Chevy out of warranty!!! I told her that I didn't need the door handles fixed if the dash was going to be completely cracked in half in a few months. We would sell the Tahoe and although I have been raised a Chevy man, I would never buy another Chevy product in my life. To which Nikkie suggested I take it to a Chevy dealer to see how much they would give me for a trade in. WTH?!?!?!?!?! Seriously debating a class action law suit. Chevy has definitely dropped the ball on this one!!![/QUOTE]
Old April 20th, 2013, 6:24 AM
CF Beginner

And chevy will never get my business again they do not value their costumers
Old April 20th, 2013, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Erica,
I sent you a PM with my vehicle information.
Old April 20th, 2013, 2:41 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Selle026
Erica,
I sent you a PM with my vehicle information.

Selle026,

Thank you for the information. I will look into your situation now and respond back.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 21st, 2013, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help...

I have a 2007 tahoe the door handles are cutting my finger when I open the door. The dash is cracked in several places. My steering wheel has been peeling and the ***** and button to the controls is peeling as well...I dont have a warranty but I do feel that the door handles should be a recall....I do have passengers that have to take blood thinners and cant be getting cuts...Does any one know where I can get help to get these issues fixed...thanks Lora
Old April 21st, 2013, 8:35 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Lora welcome to the forum :-)
Check with your local dealer as well as contact Chevrolet Customer Service via this forum, they should be able to get you fixed up for the peeling handles..and may also help with the dash...
Old April 23rd, 2013, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Is anyone every going to respond to my private message? Has anyone on the forum gotten any help?

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????