Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone one this forum interested in a Class action suit or has anyone spoken to a class action attorney. I plan on doing so today!!!!
Old April 24th, 2013, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

Chevrolet called me yesterday and today I am to take my vehicle by the local dealership for an "official estimate and diagnosis." The rep stated that once she has confirmation of that, she will send my case to the local field rep. who will review the case and make the final decision. Chevrolet stated that there would be issues with my case because I am not the original owner of the vehicle and that they take each case on a case by case basis and basically that they didn't consider others' complaints on the internet to be fact, and they only deal in facts. We will see what happens in the next few days. If I don't get some satisfactory answers, I would be interested in participating in a class action and would like to hear what your attorney says. I will try to update this as soon as I know anything.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update...

So I took my Tahoe into the dealer this morning about the dash. I was told that the dash was $438.58, and the labor was $161.42. They said if I wanted it replaced, that I was responsible for $325.00. I explained to the Service Rep that others were getting it fixed for free or either $200.00. He told me that I should take it to whatever dealer they took their's to, and get them to do it. I am really frustrated right now, and I think further actions are in order. This is complete bull#@&*. I will not be paying $325 to get it fixed, and if that is the best they can do for me I will not buy another GM vehicle ever. I know that I am a small fish in a huge pond, but something that is THEIR fault should be covered by them. I also asked him about my door handles peeling on the inside and outside of the vehicle, and the steering wheel peeling, to which he replied "That is from wear and tear". If anyone has a plan of what actions to take next, let me know. I am ready to move forward.
Old April 24th, 2013, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by awartz
Is anyone one this forum interested in a Class action suit or has anyone spoken to a class action attorney. I plan on doing so today!!!!
I'm certainly interested. I've got a 2009 Tahoe LTZ with exactly the same cracked dash issue. The cracks appeared completely out of nowhere, and I've never used any dressings on the dash.
Old April 25th, 2013, 7:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Save your breath

Originally Posted by cfilly
So I took my Tahoe into the dealer this morning about the dash. I was told that the dash was $438.58, and the labor was $161.42. They said if I wanted it replaced, that I was responsible for $325.00. I explained to the Service Rep that others were getting it fixed for free or either $200.00. He told me that I should take it to whatever dealer they took their's to, and get them to do it. I am really frustrated right now, and I think further actions are in order. This is complete bull#@&*. I will not be paying $325 to get it fixed, and if that is the best they can do for me I will not buy another GM vehicle ever. I know that I am a small fish in a huge pond, but something that is THEIR fault should be covered by them. I also asked him about my door handles peeling on the inside and outside of the vehicle, and the steering wheel peeling, to which he replied "That is from wear and tear". If anyone has a plan of what actions to take next, let me know. I am ready to move forward.
Once the factory rep has gotten involved, their mind has been made up. Take the $325 deal, save the anguish and dump the vehicle. All vehicles have a problem but GM doesn't care about customer loyalty. They don't understand that it cost more to get a new customer than it does to keep the old one. If you're in Houston, See Tony at Mac Haik Chev. They treat everyone great at all their dealerships. I also heard the door handles were a recall along with the door locks, just a rumor.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UXkkiq6yy8g
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/08/...ng-dashboards/

Last edited by mhanlen; April 25th, 2013 at 7:53 AM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 8:52 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mhanlen
Once the factory rep has gotten involved, their mind has been made up. Take the $325 deal, save the anguish and dump the vehicle. All vehicles have a problem but GM doesn't care about customer loyalty. They don't understand that it cost more to get a new customer than it does to keep the old one. If you're in Houston, See Tony at Mac Haik Chev. They treat everyone great at all their dealerships. I also heard the door handles were a recall along with the door locks, just a rumor.
Door handles on Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon can slice, feds say
GMT 900 GMC, Chevy Vehicles Subject To Frequently Cracking Dashboards | GM Authority
Sadly, I would have to agree Class Action suits can and do work great for the attorneys they will get millions while you will likely get a check for about $250 in about 2 or 3 years....and still have a cracked dash...
Old April 25th, 2013, 6:17 PM
CF Junior Member

I'd rather do that then nothing, I'm interested.. At least then they would have to respond
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
CF Beginner

The interior door handles have a warranty extension to 10 years 100,000 miles per TSB # 09239B regardless ifyou are original owner or not.

If you are over 100,000 miles, I would still push for some type of coverage on this.

I fought with GM over the cracked dash on my 07 Avalanche. Best deal I got was $200 off the cost to replace.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

I just registered on the forum here, noticed this thread about the dash cracking problem. I just purchased a 2009 Suburban yesterday that has the same problem along with the interior door handles peeling. Could someone point me in the right direction where the TSB is at for these and if they cover my vehicle?
Old April 29th, 2013, 8:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Not to sound sarcastic but yes, back to where you bought it. It only cost $20 to stop a check. Gm may replace your door handles but forget the dash, door locks, cam & lifters, drive shaft yoke, steering shaft. The dealer has a discretionary slush fund for real good customers and you're not one. The truth hurts and you bought trouble. Sorry.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????