Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2011, 4:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeff,
Nice to see your helping, just sent you a message with my case # 71-928242708

Thanks,
Fred
Old March 29th, 2011, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Hey everyone. I got nothing but excuses from the dealer when i tried to get my cracked dash fixed.
I send this:
Hello.
My name is Jeffrey Hogan and I have recently had a dealing with GMC that is less then satisfactory for what a car owner of any brand should expect. I am writing this as you will see the situation is one of the customer being last, even when it is a company that needs the US economy and has been dependent on the same. When you read the attached file you will see my correspondence with a customer service representative for a dashboard crack issue in a 2007 GMC Yukon that I purchased from a Ford dealer one year ago. I have a crack in the dash (that recently appeared) and was first denied any assistance from GMC, but then found cases of the same on the internet and was able to get some help from customer service. I took the vehicle in to a dealer and he looked at it and all of a sudden thought it may have been in an accident previously. I informed him that the car-fax report was clean and that the Ford dealer assured me it was in excellent condition and never in any accident as well. The GMC dealer that I went to, told me that they were not 100% sure it had been in an accident, but the car fax did not matter(and not necessarily correct), nor did any information that I could get from the vehicle computer to show it had not been in an accident. The side molding was not factory, they also said, although I have looked it up and it is certainly what I have found in GMC pictures. I was then told it was not a factory stereo unit, although I am still sure GMC should expect a pre-sized stereo unit would not crack the dash - it is only a matter of a few screws and wires. To make a long story short, it was just one excuse after another. It seems to me that if the dash is cracked in my GMC Yukon, and it is in the same place as in other GMC Yukons, then it is not caused by any another source. I was hoping that a company so dependent on the American people would not be operating in a way that is less then customer satisfactory, for an instance such as this... This situation is one that concerns me, obviously because my dash cracked in a vehicle with just over 70 miles, but even more about that fact the they care so little about a customer, and are willing to loose a customer that potentially will by many, many cars in years ahead...Didn't the American tax payer get GMC out of trouble? Yes, we did, and this is what we get....I can be reached to answer any questions via email or phone while I decide how to proceed with such poor customer relations..

I sent it to a bunch a news station and people at GM and some organizations that I thought may be interested.
I can give you some more information and the transcripts of my conversations with GM if needed. I have about 50 email addresses right now that are good, from CNN to Fox news to trade organization Let me know if I can help.
Old March 30th, 2011, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

I know this is a new car and it should be fixed by warantee, but there is a quick easy fix if you get sick of geting haggled along.

If you want to fix it simply remove the pannel goto a hobby shop and buy some super glue that is 2 part one glue and the other an activator, then glue it back together via the back of the pannel. you ca also buy a can of sem dye shoot it on the front lightly and it will be undetectable
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:38 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Have not heard anything back yet

GM Rep called me, told me they would talk to the dealer and that was last week. I've still not heard anything back..
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you tried contacting Chevrolet Custom Service through the forum?

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Chevrolet Customer Service

Send Jeff a PM and see if he can help get the ball rolling...
Old March 31st, 2011, 4:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks, I will do that. I called the dealer service center to see if the had my tires in for
my corvette and he told me my dash claim was DENIED because I do my own service?? Nice, so I guess I will spend my $2,000 on tires elsewhere too. What BS!!
Old April 5th, 2011, 8:35 AM
CF Junior Member

I did leave Jeff a private message yesterday. I also had a message on my answering machine from last week that my case was turned over to a district rep and that I would hear from the district rep in 24 bus. hours (that was Wednesday last week) and have not heard anything yet.
Old April 5th, 2011, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Glad to see I was able to assist you mcclintic9. Again, anyone else that is experiencing the same issues with their vehicles please contact me and I will do what I can to assist you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Jeff, I am experiencing the same issue on the passenger side by the air bag on a 2007 Tahoe LS. It currently has 79k miles on it. What information do you need from me for this process?
Old April 6th, 2011, 8:36 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

drmilljr, normally what I do is I take care of the information part of the process through direct messages. I will direct message you shortly to get the ball rolling for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 6th, 2011, 5:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Angry

How's this for help from GM..

"I did check your case again and it was closed due to the resolution from the dealership and they were unable to contact you back. At this point I am unable to assist you as the case has been handled properly. If you would like you can see if you could work with another dealership near by that may be willing to perform this service for you. Hopefully that gets this resolved for you. I apologize for the situation you are in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service"

The dealer was unable to contact me back.. That's odd because they call me at least twice a month wanting to know if I will trade in one of my vehicles. The situation I am in is that I bought what I thought was a quality made vehicle from a company that I thought was reputable, but I was wrong. Trust me I won't EVER make that mistake again.

This REALLY is so ridiculous that I am speechless. I have NEVER seen such POOR service in my life. I am going to take the opportunity to get a nice vehicle wrap on my rear window (brother owns a vehicle wrap business) so I can share my wonderful experience with everyone else driving up and down the beach-line every day.

Why by something made in the US if they can't stand behind it.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????