Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2010, 7:27 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

txguy where are you located? read through this whole thread. go to your dealership and explain that others are getting it replaced for $200. print this thread off and bring with you.
Old December 15th, 2010, 8:13 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Houston for the time being but moving to the DFW area within the next few weeks.
$200 hmmm...I wish I could fix this with some $5 super glue.
Old December 15th, 2010, 9:38 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I think its a roll of the dice...I've said this before but I bet if you have been going to the same dealer for repairs and have a history with them I think you get the better deal....
I bet the 200 bucks covers the labor and the parts are "free" its finding a tech willing to spend the day replacing it and putting his name on it should it come back for other anomalies related to the dash R&R....
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone heard anything positive from Chevrolet lately as to how they plan to correct this issue.

Someone at GM/Chevrolet just needs to walk through any parking lot and look at the dashes on all the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburbans, or just check some of their own '07 test vehicles. GM has a major face-saving issue to explain to the 1000s of loyal customers who purchased these products. The problem is out there for everyone to see, how do you explain all the cracked dashes to customers and keep their business?

And you know what, I haven't really complained about the crome handles cutting my family's fingers (GM fixed), the peeling stearing wheel (I just removed the rubber), the numerous dead batteries (GM claims bad cells and keeps replacing), the stalling while driving down highway at 65mph (No error recorded per Chevrolet), the dvr seat that heats without warning (Chev can't duplicate), the dash lights that occasionally shut off at night (Chev can't duplicate), and the creaking noise from the rear end (even though I tell the dealership about the repair bulletin and still can't diagnose).

All I'm asking for is GM to step up and assist with fixing the darn dash so people don't think my $42,000 Tahoe is a piece of junk. They can SEE the dash and I've had to explain the damaged dash issue 100s of times, the other issues I can work on, but the dash is right there for everyone to see!
Old December 27th, 2010, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

I purchased my 08 Avalanche pre owned. I purchased the vehicle with about 50k miles. Two weeks after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed that big crack behind the passenger air bag. When I first called the dealership, they said that it won't be an issue if I have the GMPP. Once I got to the dealership, the advisor talked with the service manager. The service manager talked to me and said that the GMPP doesn't cover interior issues. I was quoted a little over 900. I got in touch with GM and the case was escalated to the District representative. After about two months I was first told that it wasn't gonna be covered since the vehicle came with the crack when purchased. It took them about a month to confirm that the crack had appeared after the vehicle was purchased. End result: dash pad was replaced a week ago with a deductible of $200. After a month or two of the run around, it eventually got replaced.
Old December 30th, 2010, 3:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Newbee

Bought my 07 Tahoe new. I thought it was just my dash till I found this forum. I took mine to get the door handles fixed and when I asked about the dash they told me it would be $800. Needless to say, I now have a dash cover. My first Chevy (maybe my last)
Old December 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by roper2007
Bought my 07 Tahoe new. I thought it was just my dash till I found this forum. I took mine to get the door handles fixed and when I asked about the dash they told me it would be $800. Needless to say, I now have a dash cover. My first Chevy (maybe my last)
Read some of the responses to this and the other link for the cracked dash, a little assertion and a willingness to work with the dealership you may be able to get that price down to $100-$200 for replacement. Also get GM corporate involved, call the 1-800 in your service owners manual and tell them of the cracked dash.
Old December 30th, 2010, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

I got mine replaced, cost me $200.
If GM does not recall this and refund my $200 I will never purchase another GM product again.

I am very pissed off still, this is complete BS that we are dealing with this.
Old December 31st, 2010, 12:03 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

denayer - they replaced something that is basically trim and not mechanical or electrical for $200. something they really did not have to fix other than the shear amount of times this is happening.
it is not that big of a deal that you paid $200 - just like I did. so many vehicles have random issues, no matter what you buy or how much you spend there is always a risk that you will have issues that have to be fixed.
Old January 1st, 2011, 9:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Yes, it was just trim or molding. But there are so many people with the same crack in the same place. My Tahoe is garaged, and very well taken care of, it does not sit out in a parking lot during the day either.
It is 100% on the design, material, or the mold used.
This is not acceptable with a 2007 model. GM refuses to admit there is a issue with the dash. The dash is defective and if GM accepts that poor of quality to be normal, then they lost me as a customer.
I doubt any of us that have this issue would have purchased their GM vehicle if they would have known the Dash would crack out in less then 4 years of ownership. Very poor quality on GM's part, but very poor customer service when GM ignores this issue. My dealership ate most of the cost, only because I have purchased my last 2 from them new.
I made it clear it was my last time if they didn't work with me on it.

Due to this issue, the wife made it clear we were going to get a MDX next for her next car. We were going to get a Traverse which I wanted to get for her, but since the dash issue I have to get a MDX.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????