Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2011, 3:26 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad to see this is turning into a very useful thread..

In a nutshell it looks like the process is:

1. Be prepared with all concerns, dash, door handles
2. Contact your dealer and see what their response is
3. Contact GM Customer Care to get a case number
4. Have GM coordinate with you and your dealer to setup repairs
Old March 15th, 2011, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just noticed this on my 07 a few days ago. I have the crack on the passenger side by the airbag. But it seems like in the youtube video the driver side crack doesnt show up until you push on it. So I may have that too. And I need the 2 front handles replaced too.

Pretty crappy considering mine only has 33k miles on it. I have to call my dealer to see what they are going to do.

Also that is BS that some people have to pay $200 since it is out of warranty. Way to stand behind their product.
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Angry Same with my 07 LTZ

Noticed that it has cracks on both driver and passenger side. I had the dash mat in since new and it garaged most of the time.. I guess I will call the dealer first and see what they say. Really is disturbing, I never had any issue like this on my old suburban..

Update:
I called GM and was not very pleased with how that went.. Basically told me "Well you will have to take it to the dealer to see if the weather or something caused your dashboard to crack.." Thanks for the help.. Had to REQUEST a case be opened (71-928242708). Gee thanks for the attitude.. I will contact the dealer next.

Really just get's me fired up.. How many people here spent upwards of 50K + on their vehicles? I also have 08 C6 sitting in my garage, think I'm going drop any more coin on products from a company does not stand behind it..

Last edited by C6inFL; March 16th, 2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update after not very useful conversation with GM customer care
Old March 16th, 2011, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash

I have been following the thread on this forum regarding cracked dashes on 07 Tahoes and Suburbans for over 2 months. I found a post by Jeff Morris GM Customer service t send him a noter regarding your situation. This is what happened in my case:
Posted a note to Jeff about two weeks ago. He gave me a quick response and requested further information. Vin #, Home address and Phone number.
This information was submitted last week. Early this week I received a call from Marvin, at GM Customer Support Services. He reviewed my case further and sais someone would get back to me.
Today GM Customer Service called and informed me that my case was reviewed and GM would replace my dash for a $50 deductable. In addition they had already contacted my dealership and had this repair set up with them and to take it in when I return home in April.
I could not be any happier with the results and the $50 is fair.

My recommendation is to follow Jeff's recommendations and not argue with anyone. Contact him, They will take it form there. Thank you Jeff your your assistance.

B McClintic
2007 Tahoe LTZ 41,900
Old March 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to see I was able to assist you mcclintic9. Again, anyone else that is experiencing the same issues with their vehicles please contact me and I will do what I can to assist you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old March 17th, 2011, 1:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by mcclintic9
I have been following the thread on this forum regarding cracked dashes on 07 Tahoes and Suburbans for over 2 months. I found a post by Jeff Morris GM Customer service t send him a noter regarding your situation. This is what happened in my case:
Posted a note to Jeff about two weeks ago. He gave me a quick response and requested further information. Vin #, Home address and Phone number.
This information was submitted last week. Early this week I received a call from Marvin, at GM Customer Support Services. He reviewed my case further and sais someone would get back to me.
Today GM Customer Service called and informed me that my case was reviewed and GM would replace my dash for a $50 deductable. In addition they had already contacted my dealership and had this repair set up with them and to take it in when I return home in April.
I could not be any happier with the results and the $50 is fair.

My recommendation is to follow Jeff's recommendations and not argue with anyone. Contact him, They will take it form there. Thank you Jeff your your assistance.

B McClintic
2007 Tahoe LTZ 41,900

How many miles do you have on your vehicle mcclintic9 ? $50 is the smallest deductible I have seen so far....curious as to why the cost is dropping....
Old March 17th, 2011, 2:35 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
How many miles do you have on your vehicle mcclintic9 ? $50 is the smallest deductible I have seen so far....curious as to why the cost is dropping....
psssst jeff it said

B McClintic
2007 Tahoe LTZ 41,900<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
at the bottom of his post. lol
Old March 17th, 2011, 8:35 PM
Administrator

my bad, didn't see it in the signature, was reading the forum via my phone.
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:04 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
my bad, didn't see it in the signature, was reading the forum via my phone.
That explains it. For a minute i thought i was seeing things lol
Old March 18th, 2011, 2:30 AM
CF Beginner

I came across this site by doing a search for a cracked dash. I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and have a crack on my dash as well. Any recommendations on how I can get this resolved. I'm currently out of warranty and have close to 64,000 miles on my vehicle. I also suffer from the chipping chrome interior handles and need to get that resolved as well.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????