Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2012, 7:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Policy

I would not accept that so easily. I just had mine done a week ago. Contact Louis from GM Customer service on this forum. Even if there is a cost to replace the dash, it is well worth it. Hope it works out for you. Good Luck!
mluz
Old November 30th, 2012, 7:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Just talked w/ my service dept re: cracked dashes and GM has changed their policy on out of warranty and it is basically they aren't going to offer any help from here on.
Talked to mine yesterday 11/29/2012, and he said they adding handles, locks and dashes to customer service (not a recall) $0 up to 100K.
We better ask Louis about this.
My dealer knew the problem and took care of it immediately without any problems. Ask him first before you try Louis Fischer.

Available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST / Direct Email: louis_henry@gmexpert.com
Occupation
GM Customer Service Representative
Facebook
GMLouisFischer
Available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST / Direct Email: louis_henry@gmexpert.com
Old November 30th, 2012, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Silverado dash crack

We were driving down the road yesterday and the dash literally cracked while we were going down the road. We called the dealer who of course said not covered under warranty. I found the email address of a GM Customer Care rep in another thread in this forum and sent him an email to which he responded within 2 hours. He asked for more information to proceed with assisting us with our issue. The crack is right next to the airbag and there is a smaller one in the other corner of the airbag. So we'll see what kind of help GM offers.
Old December 1st, 2012, 3:58 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Jkelley
Welcome to the forum.. please do keep us updated on the progress and outcome
Old December 14th, 2012, 9:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jkelley
We were driving down the road yesterday and the dash literally cracked while we were going down the road. We called the dealer who of course said not covered under warranty. I found the email address of a GM Customer Care rep in another thread in this forum and sent him an email to which he responded within 2 hours. He asked for more information to proceed with assisting us with our issue. The crack is right next to the airbag and there is a smaller one in the other corner of the airbag. So we'll see what kind of help GM offers.
Watch this and you'll know there's a problem. I think they're all gonna crack.
Major Cracking Dashboard Problem on 2007+ Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche, & GMC Yukon - YouTube
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
CF Beginner

Hi guys and gals!

New member. Here it goes.
I live in S. Fla. Miami area. At the beginning of the year I searched for a 5.3 crewcab 08 and up that I was dieing to get. I had a K3500 for 8 years. Decided to get the crewcab cause the kids are getting bigger and it's a real nice truck. I couldn't find any in my area, due to my budget. I searched the state and found a beautiful Sierra with the 5.3 in Daytona. I drove up and loved it. it was really taken care. Everything was brand new. FActory alarm, factory radio. Everything worked perfect. No cracks on the dash. Drove it back down the same night I bought it. It had around 56k. Truck has been good to me and running like a champ. Last month... BAM!!!! Crack right on top of the airbag. I was like grrrrr!! This past week my daughter was with me in the truck and she said, "daddy you have a big crack on the dash". I said , honey I know. She said, "no daddy you have two cracks". One is really big. I go like WTFFFF!! Another crack!!! Again right above the airbag. I started doing searches around the net. Saw the youtube video ( not good). Then I started looking on the forums (I found Several and a ton of links). All you have to do is type into google "GM dash cracking" and a ton of links show up.
I immediatelly did a search and Called GM. Got my case number 71-1137445603. Spoke with a nice lady yesterday and told me the Rep. would call me today. As luck would have it the rep called on my cell and I missed the call. I called him back and left a Message for him to try my work number or my cell. His name is Damian from GM.

LIke I said , I drove the entire length of Florida to get the truck, because down in S. Fla it's hard trying to find a 5.3 and a good deal. That's how much I like my truck. When I got it...it was like brand new on the inside. I keep it really clean. You can eat off the dash. I"m the second owner and I purchase it at a Nissan dealer, but he showed me the carfax and the truck had regular maintanence done at a local dealer. I also gave the name of a local GM dealer by me ,so hopefully I eventually set up the appointment. Co-incidently this marooney dealer has another dealership in Boca that one of the members on this tread took their truck to. I believe he got his fixed for 100.00. I'm hoping I can get a similar offer considering that condition of the interior minus the HORRENDOUS cracks.
I'll keep everyone up to date.

Last edited by Jquest13; December 20th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old December 21st, 2012, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default To jquest13

I was the member who posted that I did have my dash replaced on my 2007 Suburban LTZ. I live in Boca Raton FL and I went to the Maroone dealership in Delray Beach. I dealt with the service manager there. He was a great guy and they replaced the dash for $400.00. Basically, they put it in for cost. My truck just turned 80K mile and is out of warranty. Don't let anybody tel you that they will not replace it. They will. Good luck.
Mike
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:19 AM
CF Junior Member

Default watch what you say

GM monitors this forum, watch what you say, it could come back and haunt you.

Originally Posted by Jquest13
Hi guys and gals!

New member. Here it goes.
I live in S. Fla. Miami area. At the beginning of the year I searched for a 5.3 crewcab 08 and up that I was dieing to get. I had a K3500 for 8 years. Decided to get the crewcab cause the kids are getting bigger and it's a real nice truck. I couldn't find any in my area, due to my budget. I searched the state and found a beautiful Sierra with the 5.3 in Daytona. I drove up and loved it. it was really taken care. Everything was brand new. FActory alarm, factory radio. Everything worked perfect. No cracks on the dash. Drove it back down the same night I bought it. It had around 56k. Truck has been good to me and running like a champ. Last month... BAM!!!! Crack right on top of the airbag. I was like grrrrr!! This past week my daughter was with me in the truck and she said, "daddy you have a big crack on the dash". I said , honey I know. She said, "no daddy you have two cracks". One is really big. I go like WTFFFF!! Another crack!!! Again right above the airbag. I started doing searches around the net. Saw the youtube video ( not good). Then I started looking on the forums (I found Several and a ton of links). All you have to do is type into google "GM dash cracking" and a ton of links show up.
I immediatelly did a search and Called GM. Got my case number 71-1137445603. Spoke with a nice lady yesterday and told me the Rep. would call me today. As luck would have it the rep called on my cell and I missed the call. I called him back and left a Message for him to try my work number or my cell. His name is Damian from GM.

LIke I said , I drove the entire length of Florida to get the truck, because down in S. Fla it's hard trying to find a 5.3 and a good deal. That's how much I like my truck. When I got it...it was like brand new on the inside. I keep it really clean. You can eat off the dash. I"m the second owner and I purchase it at a Nissan dealer, but he showed me the carfax and the truck had regular maintanence done at a local dealer. I also gave the name of a local GM dealer by me ,so hopefully I eventually set up the appointment. Co-incidently this marooney dealer has another dealership in Boca that one of the members on this tread took their truck to. I believe he got his fixed for 100.00. I'm hoping I can get a similar offer considering that condition of the interior minus the HORRENDOUS cracks.
I'll keep everyone up to date.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default Watch what you say

If GM monitors this forum, which I'm sure they do or should do, then they know people like us, who purchase their products and trucks, have a major problem. With the competition from all the other car companies like Honda, Toyota, and such, GM should step up and support and take care of those who do choose to "buy and support American products". This was a defect in these trucks and these vehicles where not inexpensive by any means. It needs to be taken care of. That is my point.
mluz
Old December 23rd, 2012, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mluz
If GM monitors this forum, which I'm sure they do or should do, then they know people like us, who purchase their products and trucks, have a major problem. With the competition from all the other car companies like Honda, Toyota, and such, GM should step up and support and take care of those who do choose to "buy and support American products". This was a defect in these trucks and these vehicles where not inexpensive by any means. It needs to be taken care of. That is my point.
mluz
Absolutely well said bud. I don't have a clue why he said that. GM has done a horrible job at handling this. GM will never get another dime from me and I will continue to tell everyone that will listen about my story and how they won't do the right thing.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????