Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2012, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrhodes1970
I wonder if there is a trend to the decisions. Such as region or 1st versus 2nd owner ect...
I just purchased my 07 Suburban with 79k miles in March and I noticed last week the crackes in the dash I wonder if G.M. will help me? since this is a defect from the manufacturer.....
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

I just got off the phone with the GM customer care folks, and have an appointment scheduled at Jim Stutzman Chevrolet on Thursday to have them take a look at my dashboard.
Old September 19th, 2012, 8:49 AM
CF Beginner

Dropped mine off at the Dealer this morning to have my dash replaced at no charge.
Old September 19th, 2012, 1:11 PM
apb
CF Beginner

2007 Suburban, 114kmi. Ended up paying $336 (50/50) for a new dash. My next vehicle will be a QX56. Not buying American anymore.... When this country cannot make better products than little South Korea (LG, Samsung, Kumho, Kia etc...) - we deserve all we get... UAW, what a joke.
Old September 21st, 2012, 6:19 AM
CF Beginner

I got my 'Hoe in to Jim Stutzman Chevy yesterday to get looked over, and they're going to replace the dash for a cost to me of $235. That seems eminently reasonable to me, and I appreciate the assist from Chevrolet Forum, Brent at Stutzman Chevy in Winchester, VA and Louis and the folks at GM customer service.
Old September 21st, 2012, 8:28 AM
CF Junior Member

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Tony McPhail, at Mac Haik in Houston, replaced mine yesterday free. Great service and attitude.
Old September 21st, 2012, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

I had no issues at all and no money out of pocket. Still not sure if there is a reason that different decisions are being made or if it is the dealer willing to absorb the cost not covered by GM.

Either way the question about my next vehicle has been answered and it will be a Chevy.
Old September 21st, 2012, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rrhodes1970
I had no issues at all and no money out of pocket. Still not sure if there is a reason that different decisions are being made or if it is the dealer willing to absorb the cost not covered by GM.
I'm almost positive that that's exactly what it is.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dusty6
I got my 'Hoe in to Jim Stutzman Chevy yesterday to get looked over, and they're going to replace the dash for a cost to me of $235. That seems eminently reasonable to me, and I appreciate the assist from Chevrolet Forum, Brent at Stutzman Chevy in Winchester, VA and Louis and the folks at GM customer service.
You failed to provide the details surrounding your situation. If it's anything like most on here that are not happy, "we" would love to hear why you believe the cracking of these newer high dollar trucks and SUV's are ok as long as we pay half?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by brio2323
You failed to provide the details surrounding your situation. If it's anything like most on here that are not happy, "we" would love to hear why you believe the cracking of these newer high dollar trucks and SUV's are ok as long as we pay half?
WOW!!! I totaly agree with you your right why should we pay for something that is not our falt...we didnt break it... my dash on my honda is not coming apart and its an 07.... and I'm the second owner too...

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????