Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say this guys but both 2001 Dodge Rams I owned had cracked dashboards. I've almost come to accept it as a part of owning a truck. It wasn't really even noticeable from the front seats unless you leaned far forward.
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

I am making my last payment in 4 days. There is no way that I should expect a cracked dash in a 5 year old vehicle. Not when I paid just over $50k for it.. That is $10,000 per year for a car. Are you telling me that your 2001 Dodge Rams cracked in under 5 years or that your 11 year old Ram's cracked??? My 2001 Suburban that I traded in 2007 did not have a cracked Dash?? The dash has nothing to do with mileage and a well maintained vehicle should not do this. The crack is in the same place as tons of other 2007 owners and it is a stress crack due to the design of the dash.

The attached pictures show the crack and I included an actual picture of the window sticker. No way on earth that we should be begging for GM to correct this.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-video0028_0000014330.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-video0028_0000007419.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-imag1646-1.jpg  

Last edited by rrhodes1970; September 10th, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the pictures and keep us updated...
Old September 10th, 2012, 3:36 PM
apb
CF Beginner

GM is only offering 50% off on the dashboard.
Louis put me in contact with a District Manager (SJ) who is offering 50% off but no cap on what I need to pay. INSULTING!!
All I asked is for the dash to be replaced (I already have all 4 exterior and interior handles broken or peeling and the armrest cracked). I spent over 90k in 2 new suburbans over 9 years and this is what I get!

I am an attorney and getting really annoyed by now. I have chosen to be polite and not threatening, but this is starting to get my attention!

Louis, please resolve case 71-1104319640
Old September 10th, 2012, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

Well......

Got "the call" today from Laurel (ext 22677) at Chevy to inform me that they decided to only cover half of the defective dash. She was cold and rude about it to boot. I advised her about some of the success stories from here and she didn't care to hear about it. She repeated that the decision has been made and there will be no changes. I can't believe she woundnt discuss it further! I then contated her voicemail to have her supervisor contact me. I then was then contacted by Noelia who claimed was her shpervisor. She was worse than Laurel! As I would explain my findings in this forum she would constanly interupt me and not listen to what I had to say. I had to then push hard for her to jot down the link to this web site. I also explained to her about Louis and his contributions on this site. She said he doesn't work for Chevy and has nothing to do with my case! She did confirm that he has forwarded some emails I have sent him. So i'm confused about Louis. She too said nothing will change on the decision Laurel has made. I told her that this was unacceptable and wanted to know why others with the same perameters have been taken care of. She would just repeat herself. I wanted answers so I requested to speak to her supervisor. She stated that there is no one else. She was it. The handling of this is just very unprofessional. At this point my family will never own another GM product period. I will share my story to any and everyone that will listen.

I AM VERY FRUSTRATED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO FORWARD MY DISPUTE TO A HIGHER ATHOURITY. I WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT ANOTHER PERSON ABOVE NOELIA. THIS CANNOT BE THE WAY GM HANDLES OWNERS OF THIER PRODUCTS!!!!!

Last edited by brio2323; September 10th, 2012 at 7:33 PM. Reason: read email from Louis in spam box
Old September 10th, 2012, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by apb
GM is only offering 50% off on the dashboard.
Louis put me in contact with a District Manager (SJ) who is offering 50% off but no cap on what I need to pay. INSULTING!!
All I asked is for the dash to be replaced (I already have all 4 exterior and interior handles broken or peeling and the armrest cracked). I spent over 90k in 2 new suburbans over 9 years and this is what I get!

I am an attorney and getting really annoyed by now. I have chosen to be polite and not threatening, but this is starting to get my attention!

Louis, please resolve case 71-1104319640
APB,
If you do decide to proceed within a legal theather, please PM as I would like to participate. I am beside myself with how they are handling this.
Old September 10th, 2012, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Update:

I have just received an email from Louis from this morning. It was in my spam file. After reading Louis' email I realize my case was out of his hands. He has in fact answered all my emails and questions to date. I guess reading posts from Louis being courteous and professional I expected the same from Chevy. A big "I guess not" on this one.

Louis,
I do thank you for helping me to your maximum extent. I would still like to know who else can I contact to get answers as to why they are picking and choosing owners to help out.

Last edited by brio2323; September 10th, 2012 at 9:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old September 10th, 2012, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

If I am asked to pay for 50% of a defective dash I promise you that GM will receive 0% of my money in the future.

TO date I have had the chrome peel on the door handles, passenger rear door handle replaced, the heated washer recall, peeling rubber on the steering wheel (Which I am dealing with on my own), rear wiper assembly replaced. I even purchased the extended 100k mile warranty that includes everything but the trim which apparently the dash is trim????

They have not turned me away yet so I will keep you guys informed but I would expect a $50k investment that I have taken care of to last more than 5 years.

Last edited by rrhodes1970; September 11th, 2012 at 1:52 PM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by brio2323
Well......

Got "the call" today from Laurel (ext 22677) at Chevy to inform me that they decided to only cover half of the defective dash. She was cold and rude about it to boot. I advised her about some of the success stories from here and she didn't care to hear about it. She repeated that the decision has been made and there will be no changes. I can't believe she woundnt discuss it further! I then contated her voicemail to have her supervisor contact me. I then was then contacted by Noelia who claimed was her shpervisor. She was worse than Laurel! As I would explain my findings in this forum she would constanly interupt me and not listen to what I had to say. I had to then push hard for her to jot down the link to this web site. I also explained to her about Louis and his contributions on this site. She said he doesn't work for Chevy and has nothing to do with my case! She did confirm that he has forwarded some emails I have sent him. So i'm confused about Louis. She too said nothing will change on the decision Laurel has made. I told her that this was unacceptable and wanted to know why others with the same perameters have been taken care of. She would just repeat herself. I wanted answers so I requested to speak to her supervisor. She stated that there is no one else. She was it. The handling of this is just very unprofessional. At this point my family will never own another GM product period. I will share my story to any and everyone that will listen.

I AM VERY FRUSTRATED ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO FORWARD MY DISPUTE TO A HIGHER ATHOURITY. I WOULD LOVE TO FIND OUT ANOTHER PERSON ABOVE NOELIA. THIS CANNOT BE THE WAY GM HANDLES OWNERS OF THIER PRODUCTS!!!!!

Great post.....exactly what they said to me.
Old September 11th, 2012, 7:03 PM
CF Beginner

After noticing the crack on my dashboard on Sunday afternoon and reading through this entire thread, I was rather concerned that if I wanted my dash fixed, I was going to end up out some money. My 2008 Silverado 2500HD has 96K miles on it, so I am more than a little out of my warranty. I sent a note to Luis as suggested in the thread and provided him with all of the information requested. I specifically mentioned the cracked dash, peeling razor like door handles, and rubber peeling on the steering wheel.

Within 2 hours I got a response back from Luis with the case number letting me know that someone would be in touch in 24 to 48 hours.

Monday afternoon I received a call from Chevy telling me that they had already spoken with the dealer and that I needed to setup a service appointment. They were very clear that while they were making no promises, "IF" the cracks were consistent with what they are seeing it should be covered.

My wife set an appointment for first thing Tuesday morning, and by Tuesday afternoon we had a new dashboard, new door handles, and new rubber on the steering wheel all at no charge. The service guys were a little miffed that I contacted Chevy before contacting them, but I can't complain at all. The way that this was handled from start to finish FAR exceeds my expectations!

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????