Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2010, 3:13 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum,

have you read thru this thread...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26133
Old September 7th, 2010, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Dash

Got in my vehicle today to head home, noticed that the dash was cracked in two places where the previous posts have been, one on the left side of the instrument hump and on the upper left side of the passenger air bag. I also called the dealer to be told it was not covered under warranty and to call Dr. Vinyl to fix it!!! The chrome is coming off of the door handles and the rubber is even peeling off of the steering wheel!!!! This vehicle has been totally babied and I paid $46,000 for this????? We have to do something to get GM to recall this, there are too many with the same problems.
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

jharv and Disappointed, have either of you contacted our Customer Assistance Center yet about this issue? If not then If you would like I can setup cases for the both of you to get this issue resolved. You can private message me your information and I will take care of it from there.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 8th, 2010, 4:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default cracked dash

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
jharv and Disappointed, have either of you contacted our Customer Assistance Center yet about this issue? If not then If you would like I can setup cases for the both of you to get this issue resolved. You can private message me your information and I will take care of it from there.

Jeff that would be great. thanks jeff. my email is jeffharvey@epbfi.com
Old September 8th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Yes Jeff, please contact me at rkellams@sbcglobal.net. I contacted GM today and they were not helpful at all, they told me I would have to pay for it as well as the chrome that is coming off the door handles (that cut my hand today!!!).
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
Old September 8th, 2010, 7:59 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The door handles have had the warranty extended for 10 years or 100,000 miles which I am extremely happy about(mine are flaking). I do not know what happened to Tahoe quality this is my second one and could possibly be my last. May have to switch to the blue oval. My dash has not cracked (seems to be inevitable)yet but my steering wheel is flaking.
Old September 8th, 2010, 8:41 PM
CF Junior Member

I just noticed the same crack (left of the hump) in our 07 Tahoe about 2 weeks ago. Had it in for other service (it's out of the 36K warranty) and they basically told us to pound sand.

Last edited by robsieb; September 8th, 2010 at 8:57 PM.
Old September 8th, 2010, 9:22 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by robsieb
I just noticed the same crack (left of the hump) in our 07 Tahoe about 2 weeks ago. Had it in for other service (it's out of the 36K warranty) and they basically told us to pound sand.
Call the 800 number for GM customer service... they have to be getting plenty of calls about the crack....You may also want to try contacting Chevrolet Customer Service thru this forum as Jeff may be able to get the ball rolling for you...
Old September 9th, 2010, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

how do you contact customer service, and if you can do it what info do you need
Old September 9th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I will be emailing both of you in just a few minutes to get the "ball rolling" for you. robsieb, I would also like to contact you as well for this issue. If any of the three of you would like to contact the Customer Assistance Center on your own the phone number is 1-800-222-1020. I'll be speaking with all of you shortly.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????