Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same two cracks on the dash of my 2007 Yukon a couple months ago. I just called GMC at 800-462-8782. Now I am waiting on a call back. Hopefully they will cover the repair of my dash.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Markh & Mommatoazoo,

That is wonderful news! Thank you so much for sharing! I am so happy to hear your issues were resolved!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 2nd, 2012, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracks in 2007 Suburban 91,000 miles second owner

After reading through this thread, I contacted GM customer service and spoke with Steve (LNU) regarding cracked dash. Crack is in the location of the passenger airbag as reported by many others. Steve LNU is the customer service rep for the Denver area. I scheduled an appointment with the Service Manager at Ed Bozarth Chevrolet in south metro Denver. The manager, Garet Nye, advised me that the crack was a "reconditioning issue" and would not be repaired by GM. Further that either Armor all or a heavy object caused the crack. Nyw told me that the dealer would eat the cost of this repair. I told him I have had many vehicles and have never seen a crack on a dash after 4 and a half years. Sad quality GM. I am the second owner of this vehicle. GM reps on this forum is this the best that GM can do? Help.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 9:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Srmarquart,

Could you please PM me your Service Request number (SR#) so I can look into this issue further?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; February 3rd, 2012 at 2:08 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dsherker
I noticed the same two cracks on the dash of my 2007 Yukon a couple months ago. I just called GMC at 800-462-8782. Now I am waiting on a call back. Hopefully they will cover the repair of my dash.
I am very happy to report that GM has replaced both portions of my dashboard with no hassle at all. I could not be happier with how GM took care of this problem.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 5:05 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> dsherker,

I am happy to hear your vehicle was repaired. Thank you for sharing!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 4th, 2012, 5:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With some dealers STILL in denial over the cracked dash being a problem, please don't forget to include your case number so IF a lawsuit is brought up, it would be much easier to reference previous cases that were successful versus those of us who were not successful. of course i am one of the unsuccessful ones. even if a lawsuit is not brought up its easier to quote actual cases verses saying there's 45 pages of tahoe's that have cracked dashes.
Old February 4th, 2012, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Case number for my 2007 Suburan is 71-1034153467. Got a call back from Steve, last name unknown, of GM Customer Service. He stated that GM WOULD NOT help with this issue. Hope that this problem gets attention from Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, and other magazines. I have made a safety complaint withh the NHTSA,a crack around the airbag seems unsafe to me, and recommend that every make a complaint with the NHTSA at NHTSA. Safercar.gov. Good luck.
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome link, EVERYONE should go to the safer car link and file a complaint, only takes 3-4 minutes
Old February 6th, 2012, 7:22 PM
CF Beginner

Just purchased used 07 Tahoe and just noticed the infamous crack around the airbag. After a quick google search I found you guys, Thank God!. So... I have read about 30 pages of this thread and have got the just of it. I guess the first thing for me to do is call GM costumer service and file a complaint and state its a safety issue cause of the airbag. Where do I go from there? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. It amazes me that GM is so stubborn as far as this issue. FYI, My first GM product, not off to a good start!

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????