Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

transmission oil line

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2019, 8:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It might be worth removing the cross member and letting the trans come down a few inches if you have a transmission jack.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 9:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You may also want to look into a 13 mm brake line socket. it should fit around the transmission line and allow you to get much more force on it to remove the nut. they also make an offset socket that will fit around a line like that that might work a little better than the brake line socket.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KChevy75
You may also want to look into a 13 mm brake line socket. it should fit around the transmission line and allow you to get much more force on it to remove the nut. they also make an offset socket that will fit around a line like that that might work a little better than the brake line socket.

I bought a set of brake line sockets. I still couldn't get a good angle on it. I cut the line to get it off. After I cut the big section out of the way I put a 13mm deep well and it came right off. I believe if I drop the exhaust and take a shield off the transmission next to those lines I can get it back on easier. It has been a pain!

I think I know what happened. I put a new engine in the truck three weeks ago and when putting the new engine in I hit that line pretty good. I'm sure that's what caused this issue.

I appreciate everyones help !!!!