Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:20 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2013, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have same problem in my 2006. The light goes out on the drivers side and It actually blows hotter then when I had the heat on high. It will only blow hot even when AC is on. I assume its a loose connection because if I hit top of dash hard or bottom by ashtray the light comes back on and all is well until it goes out again. I am a procrastinator and keep putting off going to the dealer but I am going to soon.
Old December 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Smile

Originally Posted by fpopjfj
What is a tech2? My battery was just changed and problem started immediately. 2005 with dual control. Passenger side works perfectly

Pulled the unit apart today, found that the large gear in the actuator assy was cracked. Found a new unit on Amazon at half the auto parts store price.
Old December 17th, 2013, 2:44 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Great find... Amazon is a great source for parts
take picture of the broken parts and post if you can...
Old December 18th, 2013, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Pulled the unit apart today, found that the large gear in the actuator assy was cracked. Found a new unit on Amazon at half the auto parts store price.
What did it cost? I assume you took out the blend door actuating motor? How long did it take. Any input would be helpful. I simpy unplug the actuator motor.
Old December 18th, 2013, 6:58 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ed2hess
What did it cost? I assume you took out the blend door actuating motor? How long did it take. Any input would be helpful. I simpy unplug the actuator motor.
The one from Amazon is $69.95, Advance Auto was $138.00; Took about an hour to get the old removed, new actuator should be here tomorrow and I'm hoping to be able to say "job done!"
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Take and post a few pictures of your process as a how to if you can
Old December 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Talking Blend door actuator change

The one from Amazon is $69.95, Advance Auto was $138.00; Took about an hour to get the old removed, new actuator should be here tomorrow and I'm hoping to be able to say "job done!"
Installed the new actuator, ran through the cal procedure, and "whoopee", heat works fine again. I want to thank everyone for their help. Attached (hopefully) is a picture of the old actuator with the cracked gear
Attached Thumbnails  05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem-blend-actuatorold.jpg  
Old March 21st, 2014, 5:24 AM
CF Beginner

I have a similar problem, my ac/heat will only go to 3, if I put it on 4 or 5 the whole ac/heat thing shuts off. also when I have it on 0 "off" it blows, but only when im moving. the faster I go the more it blows....
Old September 21st, 2014, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Still not working

05 Silverado LT dual climate control.
Replaced the Blend Motor and the Dash Control Unit and have disconnected the battery and done the recalibrate, pulled the fuzes and did the recalibrate. (key in ACC for several minutes)

Still no joy, no auto function, air flow is either "ice cold" or "total hot." I is produced only when the temp is set to 90 (the max).

HELP!

Thank you
David
Old November 7th, 2014, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Silverado Dual Non Auto Climate Control Drivers Side

Hello
I just recently bought this truck used, and kind of thought that the heating/cooling system was not acting correctly. The cabin temperature would vary greatly while driving and/or the temperature controls did not seem to respond to changes I made ,so I was constantly adjusting the temperatures to get what I wanted.I investigated today with the truck safely parked and noticed that there was no change in the temperature of the air coming from the 2 left vents in the dash as I slid the left temp slider up and down, but the air temp coming from the 2 right vents changed as I slid the right slider up and down. I then searched on the internet and came across this post (the 09-28-2010 post by the dogg7 in particular). As he mentioned, with the truck off, the heater fan off, and the key in the accessory position, I was only able to hear the passenger temperature blend motor working as I slide each of the temp sliders up and down.I then removed the heater fuse in the fuse box under the hood and the 2 heater fuses in the fuse box at the left side of the dash for 10 minutes as suggested in some other posts, and everything is working correctly again. Will the problem return ?.Is the temp blend motor on the way out. I have never disconnected the battery which some suggest can trigger this problem. From what I read ,the drivers temp blend door motor is on the passenger side and fairly easy to get at and change or fix. How hard is it to get at the passenger side temp blend door motor,if it should fail too? Does a lot of the dash have to be torn apart to get at it, as some web sites mention? Would it be a good idea to change the heater core while everything is torn apart since the truck is 8 years old?
Thanks Nov 2014

Quick Reply: 05 Silverado Drivers Side Heater Problem