Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2000 silverado 1500 restoration

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2023, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Seats reinstalled. For a little over a 100 dollars its a excellent way to refresh the interior.

Added two shades of green pinstripe

Added some thin white body molding. Still may use the old body molding but cut it down 2 inches or so and paint it white. Give it a more modern look. Bed caps installed. waiting on a hard tonneau cover.

Old December 13th, 2023, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent job man! That is beyond refresh to me. I'm with mntnmn on this. Cost would easily be $10K at a body shop.
Wish I could weld and paint like that. I've done my undercarriage and fender liners, gutted the interior to add insulation and sound deadening, and added my own custom striping and painting the bumpers, grill, wheels, etcc. insulated the bed and refresh the liner. Added a nice aftermarket exhaust. It's time consuming and I do it in stages since I have to do the truck in the driveway. It's nice to see people "refreshing" older things instead of just trading or dumping them.
The following users liked this post:
mountainmanjoe (December 13th, 2023)
Old December 14th, 2023, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks vms.
I was looking to upgrade to a 2015 silverado before i started but the prices were insane, so i ended up doing this. I figured it was a refresh because a restore to me is going thru everything including the mechanical stuff. Cost wise i have close to 2000 dollars into it. 10 years ago you could buy everything to paint this vehicle for 300 bucks, paint/clearcoat/epoxy primer and supply's was close to 1200 bucks. I'm trying to keep it under 2000 when finished. I'm pretty much done, i will paint the wheels this spring when i can do it outside. I'm thinking a gun metal grey. I'm going to change the tie rods and stabilizer bushings, pull the fuel rail off and clean the injectors during the winter. I learned how to paint over the years/decades but i'm not a welder...had to watch a lot of video on the how to's of that. I have a small 120 volt welder....nothing professional about my welding at all. I've never changed out body panels so that was a lot of video watching there to. I just did what the experts did in the video. There's lots of info out there that wasn't avaliable 20 years ago.
I got the hard tonneau installed. Looks good for the cheapest one i could find. Post some pics of your vehicle updates. Love to see what everybody else is doing. Been thinking about an exhaust upgrade but thats above my pay grade.