Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2001 Silverado, 4 Low, High Beam Indicator, Gear Indicator, & Temperature Sensor

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2021, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Silverado, 4 Low, High Beam Indicator, Gear Indicator, & Temperature Sensor

We bought a 2001 Silverado for my son, in October he ran it in the ditch and bent the frame. Since the frame was on the rusty side, we had a local body shop swap the frame out with another truck they had there for parts. Since the frame swap we have the following problems, I'm hoping they are all related back to one issue and easy to fix. The owner of the body shop says he's done all he can and my next step is to take it to a dealer, he's not willing to help pay for that (even though we didn't have these problems when we took it to him) and it's getting near a nasty situation. Please help if you can.

-Truck won't go in 4 low, 4 high works.
-The gears light up in the dash, but the little box that tells you which gear it's in doesn't light up.
-The temperature guage doesn't work.
-The blue high beam indicator doesn't light up when the lights are on bright.
-And last (we hope) is that something is draining the battery.

P.S. The truck does not have the factory radio in it, the body shop owner thinks that may have something to do with something not resetting properly.

Last edited by esanglin; December 26th, 2021 at 4:58 PM.