Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Help annoyed

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2019, 7:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help annoyed

Hi all and thanks in advance for any Information. I have a 2003 Silverado 1500hd with the 6.0l About a year ago I started having problems where the torque converter would randomly unlock while on the freeway doing 70-75 for various amounts of time no matter the grade. Also starting about 4 months ago I had the knock sensor P0332 code come up. Last week I finally took the truck in for the transmission and had it rebuilt as it also had a whine in 1st. While it was in also had them do the knock sensors with harness. I got the truck back last week Thursday and to no avail on Saturday the torque converter is still unlocking, shutters from 1st to 2nd and a loud metal clunk shifting to reverse. As of this morning the check engine light came back on this morning throwing the P0332 code again. I dropped it off tonight to have this same place address all these things. Was told he is putting a shift kit in to correct the shuttering. Hes not worried about the clucking telling me its probably in the T case even thou I never had that noise before. And maybe there is a bad ground somewhere causing the code to come back. He said while he was driving with his scan tool attached that there was a random misfire but didn't throw a code and that's causing the converter to unlock. I feel as though I'm being jerked around by this guy. Sorry for the lengthy read but more info the better right? Thanks
Old October 30th, 2019, 6:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Caledonia Dan
Hi all and thanks in advance for any Information. I have a 2003 Silverado 1500hd with the 6.0l About a year ago I started having problems where the torque converter would randomly unlock while on the freeway doing 70-75 for various amounts of time no matter the grade. Also starting about 4 months ago I had the knock sensor P0332 code come up. Last week I finally took the truck in for the transmission and had it rebuilt as it also had a whine in 1st. While it was in also had them do the knock sensors with harness. I got the truck back last week Thursday and to no avail on Saturday the torque converter is still unlocking, shutters from 1st to 2nd and a loud metal clunk shifting to reverse. As of this morning the check engine light came back on this morning throwing the P0332 code again. I dropped it off tonight to have this same place address all these things. Was told he is putting a shift kit in to correct the shuttering. Hes not worried about the clucking telling me its probably in the T case even thou I never had that noise before. And maybe there is a bad ground somewhere causing the code to come back. He said while he was driving with his scan tool attached that there was a random misfire but didn't throw a code and that's causing the converter to unlock. I feel as though I'm being jerked around by this guy. Sorry for the lengthy read but more info the better right? Thanks
If you think you are being ripped off do a Yelp search for the business. I have a shop for things I cant repair due to time or not having a lift and they are terrific, fast and 10 percent off for having a AAA card.

OBD II code PO332 can be due to:

Defective Knock Sensor

Defective Knock Sensor Circuit or connections

Defective EGR System

Malfunctioning Cooling System

Lean air/fuel ratio

Don't know if that would effect the TC lockup but I suppose its possible since it go to the PTCM.
Old October 30th, 2019, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
If you think you are being ripped off do a Yelp search for the business. I have a shop for things I cant repair due to time or not having a lift and they are terrific, fast and 10 percent off for having a AAA card.

OBD II code PO332 can be due to:

Defective Knock Sensor

Defective Knock Sensor Circuit or connections

Defective EGR System

Malfunctioning Cooling System

Lean air/fuel ratio

Don't know if that would effect the TC lockup but I suppose its possible since it go to the PTCM.
While I guess that could be possible how then would I have the TC issue long before it ever threw a light?
Old October 30th, 2019, 8:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Caledonia Dan
While I guess that could be possible how then would I have the TC issue long before it ever threw a light?
It happens. The software was perhaps not as well done as it could have been. I've seen MAF sensors that were gone that didn't throw a code.