Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Need help on VSS problem

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2020, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help on VSS problem

I have a 02 sierra and had transmission problems left and right. So I tightened up and bought a brand new one and im 16 so it took a little while to get my funds together. Sat for 3 months and after I stabbed it I tried cranking to check fluid level. Wouldn't crank by the key and I work at a mechanic shop so we had spare time and started digging. $300 on other parts later, come to find out a rat chewed my ignition wire. Well I have no reading on input or output vss. Started by replacing every sensor in the tcase. All I am needing is a COMPLETE schematic. Anything helps!
Old September 9th, 2020, 1:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is can you access whatever software the shop you work at uses? If not, then the solution would be to purchase a subscription to ALLDATADIY.com for your truck. It is essentially an online factory service manual for just about every vehicle on the road. I would also invest in a Haynes manual for your 02 Sierra. Skip the Chilton's manuals as they are not as good as they were 30 year ago. You might also check with your local public library to see if they have accounts with ALLDATA (the professional version), or Mitchell Online.

As you get deeper into your Sierra, you might want to peruse another Silverado Sierra forum - www.silveradosierra.com. They are a great bunch of guys too and they are also willing to help with answering questions, providing hints and advice, etc. Yet another forum you might want to look at for a wealth of information is Bob Is The Oil Guy - www.bobistheoilguy.com Lots of really nice and knowledgeable people about automotive lubricants, and several professional automotive technicians with LOTS of experience.

Good luck!