Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 5:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado dash cracking

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin, have you tried to send a PM to the reps on this site to gain their assistance with your issue? Hard to imagine a dealer in the Houston won't help. If that won't work, give Friendship Chevrolet in San Antonio a call. They didn't hesitate on mine.
Old March 26th, 2014, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

@Mwilson, I did Pm the Chevy rep and they contacted a local dealership of mine. I got a call from them today, and they informed me that I would have to pay $250 ( my part ) to get the dash replaced. I figured it was better than what I was quoted before of $900. Now all I have to do Is drop it off for a day and get it changed out. Thanks for the help and advice. Did Friendship Chevrolet charge you to change it out?
Old March 27th, 2014, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Justin. Yes, I got the same offer from my dealer, and felt the same as you about it being a whole lot better than coughing up $700-900. Of course, without finding this thread, I had a wad of JB Weld at the ready for a little home repair effort. Even read through a few "how to" threads. Wasn't sure how to get the air bag cover off without ending up in the back seat! Haha.
Anyway, glad it worked out. I figured there had to be at least one dealership in the Houston area who would step up.
Later.
Old April 9th, 2014, 1:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Electric issue?

Hello I own a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado and the other day I was driving it and it went dead on the freeway for a split second it did it several times. Lost all power, window locks started to open and shut automatically so did the radio and A/C got scared I pulled over and the motor went dead It would not even attempt to start. After a few minutes started again but the time in the clock was wrong so was the temperature in the truck any ideas I have to take it in I know but I am afraid to drive it.
Old April 9th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi pamesson,

We are sorry to hear this has occurred! We would be happy to assist in a resolution and contact your dealership. Please feel free to send us a private message at any time so we may further research your concern.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by pamesson
Hello I own a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado and the other day I was driving it and it went dead on the freeway for a split second it did it several times. Lost all power, window locks started to open and shut automatically so did the radio and A/C got scared I pulled over and the motor went dead It would not even attempt to start. After a few minutes started again but the time in the clock was wrong so was the temperature in the truck any ideas I have to take it in I know but I am afraid to drive it.
Old May 27th, 2014, 2:05 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Silverado that now has multiple dash cracksand I'm not quite sure what I should do. I take extremely good care of all my vehicles especially my truck because it was the first "NEW" car I ever bought.The first crack is on the corner of the passenger air bag and the other is directly above the radio. The first one popped up out of nowhere about two months ago and I was heartbroken because my truck is now 5 years old and completely paid off and it literally does not have a single scratch "and it’s a black truck" but yet I have this horrible crack in my dash! How embarrassing! Now last week the one above the radio popped up and is cracked all the way from the bezel to the defrost vent, my dash now has a huge off set with a 1/16"gap and feels separated from the passenger side. I'm afraid that this is just going to continue until it looks like one of the mid 90's Dodge dashes that aren’t anything but a sub frame left. I expect my dealership is going to completely pawn it off and give me the run around. I was hoping one of yall might have some advice.

Last edited by Pudd1ehopper; May 27th, 2014 at 2:08 PM.
Old May 28th, 2014, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Folks, Ditto on the dash cracks on the console around the air bag. Mine's a 2010 with 76,000 and I noticed this about 6 months ago. Thought I'd look it up on the Silverado forum and it looks like I'm not alone on this issue. Also have one on the drivers side up near the window. Go figure. Had two Fords and never had a single dash cracking issue.

perryrip
Old May 31st, 2014, 9:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Pudd1ehopper
I have a 2008 Silverado that now has multiple dash cracksand I'm not quite sure what I should do. I take extremely good care of all my vehicles especially my truck because it was the first "NEW" car I ever bought.The first crack is on the corner of the passenger air bag and the other is directly above the radio. The first one popped up out of nowhere about two months ago and I was heartbroken because my truck is now 5 years old and completely paid off and it literally does not have a single scratch "and it’s a black truck" but yet I have this horrible crack in my dash! How embarrassing! Now last week the one above the radio popped up and is cracked all the way from the bezel to the defrost vent, my dash now has a huge off set with a 1/16"gap and feels separated from the passenger side. I'm afraid that this is just going to continue until it looks like one of the mid 90's Dodge dashes that aren’t anything but a sub frame left. I expect my dealership is going to completely pawn it off and give me the run around. I was hoping one of yall might have some advice.
Hello Pudd1ehopper,

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with a cracked dash in your 2008 Chevrolet Silverado. We understand your frustration. Although we cannot guarantee cost assistance, we'd be happy look further into a resolution for you. Please reach out to us via private message if our assistance is needed!

Thank you,

Andraya (assisting Jessica)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by perryrip
Folks, Ditto on the dash cracks on the console around the air bag. Mine's a 2010 with 76,000 and I noticed this about 6 months ago. Thought I'd look it up on the Silverado forum and it looks like I'm not alone on this issue. Also have one on the drivers side up near the window. Go figure. Had two Fords and never had a single dash cracking issue.

perryrip
Hello perryrip,

Our apologies to hear you are also experiencing concerns with the cracked dash in your 2010 Chevrolet Silverado. We'd be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf for further assistance. Please send us a private message to discuss further. Thank you!

Andraya (assisting Jessica)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 1st, 2014, 7:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado Dash Cracks

Fixed my problem. Traded the vehicle in. Never again.

perryrip
Old June 17th, 2014, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado dash cracked

My 2008 Silverado dash cracked about 2 years ago. In light of the massive GM recalls I thought I would do a search and found this site. My truck only had about 40000 miles at the time of the cracks. Crack is just left of the instrument panel like many others have stated.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado dash cracking