Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2010 chevy silverado radio problems

Search this Thread

Old March 13th, 2013, 9:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 chevy silverado radio problems

My radio turns off and display auxiliary device input. Does anyone know what that means?
Old March 14th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Maine23,

The radio turns off by itself? Is there a plug plugged into the auxiliary port or USB port? Devices that could use the auxiliary port are iPods, MP3 players, CD changer, USB storage device, etc.

If you press the “SRCE” button, it should switch between the radio, CD, and for vehicles with DVD, front auxiliary and rear auxiliary.

Please contact me privately if you have additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 18th, 2013, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 towing mirrors

I have bought a replacement towing mirror for my2010 chevy silverado 2500hd. Is there a way to replace it without taking off the door panel? Maybe replace it at the knuckle.
Old January 18th, 2014, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Maine23
My radio turns off and display auxiliary device input. Does anyone know what that means?
my radio is doing the exact same thing. I called our local dealership and they haven't heard of it happening. Im kinda upset.
Old March 21st, 2014, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

my CD player went out in my 05 2500hd. it will play them, just want receive or eject cd. I have to use 2 pocket knives to remove it lol. is there anyway to fix it, I was ooa check before I buy a new one. thanks
Old November 28th, 2014, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Chevy Radio Problem

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Anybody know what causes this?
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Same thing is happening to me. From what I read from this site and others it's either the wiring in the steering controls, aux plug in is loose, loose wire in the back of head unit, or aux wiring needs soldering. Since mine seam to happen when it's bumped, either by the road or if a passenger hits the side with their knee, I'm going to pull out the stereo and see if any wires are loose. I don't have the money to fix either of the other problems so I'm praying that a loose wire is the problem.
Old April 19th, 2015, 9:11 AM
CF Beginner

Default Aux Device Input

Mine is doing the same thing. The radio will be playing, then suddenly silence and displays "Aux Input Device". Back and forth between radio and this. I almost cannot listen to the radio any more. Doesn't matter if I push the Source button, turn the radio on/off, nothing.

Advice???
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by johnrmaples
Mine is doing the same thing. The radio will be playing, then suddenly silence and displays "Aux Input Device". Back and forth between radio and this. I almost cannot listen to the radio any more. Doesn't matter if I push the Source button, turn the radio on/off, nothing.

Advice???
John, I have SAME exact issue. Aux port was a little loose. I took the entire radio dash mount off (easy) and the radio face, but tried a little glue instead of solder (i know, i know) but still have issue. Did you get this resolved??
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:30 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2013 Silverado LT. Mine does the same thing. Nothing plugged into auxiliary or USB, but the radio will switch to auxiliary input device. If I hit the top of the dash it will switch back. Doesn't matter if I'm listening to xm, fm, or am.

Quick Reply: 2010 chevy silverado radio problems