Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Grinding noise while turning

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2016, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise while turning

I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado. When I am in the process of turning left I get traction and stabilitrack OFF and abs goes off. There is a grinding after this whenever I turn, right or left. I checked on front right side and everything seems intact. I've read multiple things on forums that it could be the emergency brake loose and and others say I need to replace the hub and sensors. Trying to see if anyone else has had this issue and get an idea before I start hacking away at the problem. Any help is appreciated.
Old March 25th, 2017, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure but my 2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ is doing the same thing and Monday I'm taking it to my mechanic to have him look at it. I'm new to this forum but if you find an answer could you please let me know and if I find out I'll come back here to let you know what I found out. Thanks!
Old March 25th, 2017, 8:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

sounds like a bad wheel bearing about to fail. don't put a cheap bearing in if you are keeping it for more than 1 year....or you will be replacing it again.