Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Intermittent No Start/No Crank 09 Chevrolet 1500

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2022, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent No Start/No Crank 09 Chevrolet 1500

Hello Everyone, I need to pick a few of your brains to get some ideas.

I Own a 2009 Chevrolet 1500 5.3L which has been the best truck for the past 2.5yrs until I replaced battery as it was not putting out good voltage what so ever and has now done this 4-6 times where I go to Start the truck(after I have already driven it and it doesn't start).

It doesn't happen when it's been sitting for days(no electric draw) but when I have driven it into town, park it and when I come back to turn key on, it doesn't crank... nothing happens.

I then thought it'd be either battery not getting a good charge from alternator, so I replaced that... than it happened again so I replaced the starter and it still has done it again. I have checked batt positive and negative main cables for corrosion and/or if loose and nothing.

As I said it's only happened 4-6 times but I get worried every time I go to start if it'll happen again. I do have my cummins, but would like my chevy running back at 100%.

So Any ideas would be greatly appreciated because I am at a loss.

Thankyou all for reading this.
Old April 9th, 2022, 4:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua21
Hello Everyone, I need to pick a few of your brains to get some ideas.

I Own a 2009 Chevrolet 1500 5.3L which has been the best truck for the past 2.5yrs until I replaced battery as it was not putting out good voltage what so ever and has now done this 4-6 times where I go to Start the truck(after I have already driven it and it doesn't start).

It doesn't happen when it's been sitting for days(no electric draw) but when I have driven it into town, park it and when I come back to turn key on, it doesn't crank... nothing happens.

I then thought it'd be either battery not getting a good charge from alternator, so I replaced that... than it happened again so I replaced the starter and it still has done it again. I have checked batt positive and negative main cables for corrosion and/or if loose and nothing.

As I said it's only happened 4-6 times but I get worried every time I go to start if it'll happen again. I do have my cummins, but would like my chevy running back at 100%.

So Any ideas would be greatly appreciated because I am at a loss.

Thankyou all for reading this.
Kinda have to check around a bit. I don't trust batteries made overseas, so first thing is to check it with a voltmeter before cranking on it.
Old April 9th, 2022, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Kinda have to check around a bit. I don't trust batteries made overseas, so first thing is to check it with a voltmeter before cranking on it.
Yes I agree… it’s just very frustrating. I am wondering if i could’ve gotten a faulty battery.
Old May 28th, 2022, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

I had a ‘96 Impala SS that did that turned out to be the fuel pump. Check your fuel pressure. It was an intermittent problem that was baffling.