Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Stabilitrak, traction control, abs warning lights on 2012 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2016, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak, traction control, abs warning lights on 2012 Silverado

So here's the history, at this point I have a 2012 Silverado 1500 RWD that has had the Stabilitrak and Traction Control error every time the ignition is turned on for a while, the ABS light is on, it informs be that Stabilitrak and Traction control are off. Otherwise, the truck drives fine, if I was keeping it I wouldn't care.

I bought it at the end of its 4 year lease because I wasn't looking forward to getting dinged for repairs, and the truck has been sitting because I already have another vehicle I intend to keep and that I'm using as a daily driver. My intent is to sell the truck, but I anticipate fixing the problem myself is better for resale value, especially if I end up just trade in at a dealership.

I've searched around, the problem seems to be common but with many different root causes. I made my first guess as the steering wheel position sensor because it seemed as if the "Stabilitrak: Off, Traction Control: Off" error didn't come up until there was steering input. The old sensor did feel like it had loose internal parts. But after the replacement, nothing changed...

So I bought a code reader that reads ABS codes, and I got a C0045 driver side rear wheel speed sensor error. I'm guessing I either have a loose plug or need to replace a left rear wheel speed sensor... Anyone have experience or recommendations?
Old September 28th, 2021, 9:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 traction control OFF

Hello, I’m new to the form I own a 2012 Silverado 1500. It keep posting a message that the traction control is OFF but not other lights come up just the message below the tachometer. It appears as if you would manually push the button and turn it off but of course I’m not tuning it off. It stays on until you push the mode button to switch back to the mileage etc.
I took it to the dealer they say it’s not throwing out any codes for it and the orange light the should correspond with it doesn’t show up in the instrument pane either. The mechanic said he’s never seen it happen like that before. Does anyone else have any experience with this phenomenon? The message reads: Traction: Off
Stabilit: On

Sorry you can’t see it but it says Tractionff stabilit: on