Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if anyone knows a method of getting any manufacturer of any product to cover out of warranty repairs; I want to go into business with you.

I have worked at 3 auto manufacturers; one Japanese, 2 domestic. none will cover it...ever. There is a goodwill template that dealers follow for off warranty repairs but certain criteria must be met before the manufacturer will allow the dealership make this claim. If the manufacturer denies the claim, the dealer is out of pocket for this repair. The entire warranty process is set up to penalize dealerships.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 9:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess I was raised different then the majority of the world, most things in my life are black and white. If the warranty is out then the warranty is out, but especially being a dealership employee I've learned if you complain enough you usually get your way whether you're right or deserve it or not.

I for one have never understood how someone can drop so much money on a new vehicle but be so upset about having to maintain it or spend money to repair it.
Old September 8th, 2016, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

Our AC just went out as well 34000 miles, looks to be an outgoing issue.
Old September 8th, 2016, 12:23 AM
CF Beginner

Our AC just went out as well 34000 miles, looks to be an outgoing issue. very disappointed with this.
Old September 14th, 2016, 6:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC

Originally Posted by Brandonsw79
Our AC just went out as well 8,396 miles wow ,do you guys know of a quick fix? It's a holiday weekend and Oklahoma is hot! our dash rattles and our seat flexes with strange noises as well dealer did not even attempt to fix the other two issues hope they provide better service with the AC...

I am currently having problems with my Chevy Silverado 2014 and the AC just went out on me and the bad news is that my insurance is bumper-to-bumper will not cover it because I just passed 36,000 miles (+) .... do you happen to remember what the dealership told you the issue was with your AC?
Old September 22nd, 2016, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ac problem

I have a 2014 truck it has 71,000 miles on and my air conditioning stio working dealer us not wanting to help is ridiculous that im having issues on a newer model i know cars have issues but didnt expect to be happening to soon???
Old September 30th, 2016, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC Compressor is now the icing on the cake

I have to take my Silverado in to the dealership about once every three months for one issue or another. I get it maintained on a regular schedule and have had all work done by Chevy. I have never had problems like I am having with this one. This was my first new car to me. I was planning to buy one for my daughter, but not with this track record. I just had the AC fixed 2 months ago. Today, on the way home from work, the compressor seized and the belt broke. Now it's Friday, no service centers are open, and I live in the south so it is hot and I have no AC. I was planning to take the kids out on the boat, but I am not putting them in a hot truck with no AC. This may very well be the last Chevy I ever buy.
Old October 7th, 2016, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Add me to this list as well. I just took my 2014 Silverado into my local dealership and it turns out the compressor is bad. After 2 years and 43k miles, the compressor gives out. I called up GM and they said I'm out of warranty and out of luck. Yes, I am out of warranty but for a company to not to stand by it's product after 2 years and 43k miles, is just terrible. It's not the quality of product, or more importantly, the quality of service that I have come to expect from other manufacturers. Defective parts happen. A true test of a good brand is how they deal with the defective part when they become aware of it (and when they're not forced to fix it through a safety recall). This was my first GM product and will be my very last. This A/C issue was just the straw on the camel's back. The truck does not shift very smoothly when moving at low speeds and things rattle on the interior after only 2 years. I intend to keep this for another year and trade it in for a Tundra. Good luck to those who intend to stick with GM.

Last edited by JustinNguyen; October 7th, 2016 at 7:35 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Ac went out

We have a 2014 Chevy Durmax and we just hit 42,600 miles and our AC went out we bought truck March 31, 2014. I called today to find out we are passed our warranty. Anyone else having problems w AC so soon? Warranty is 3 yr or 36,000 miles
Old October 14th, 2016, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default larry

I have a 2014 Silverado ltz air cond is blowing ambient temp air, but compressor is running,has anyone had this problem 40 thousand miles so warranty is out

Last edited by klarry57; October 14th, 2016 at 9:26 AM. Reason: adding text

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?