Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2016, 1:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it look like were back again. We have a 2014 Silverado and this is the 2nd time our air conditioning has gone out again in 100 plus degrees. Time to move on to a lemon law attorney. Paid over a $1,000 for a condenser the first time we fixed this lemon. Have to take it back in on Monday. Gm need to recall all these years with defected condenser. Haven't even paid truck off and already having so many problems.
Old October 16th, 2016, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

A/C just went out on my 2014 SLT Sierra Z71 with 53,000 miles. Thank god I bought an extended warranty. With all the problems I'm reading about this I'm going to get mine fixed and trade it for a Ford.
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC out

I purchased my chevy 2 years ago now and my ac just went out. Same issues as everyone else working fine yesterday and today it's just hot air. Feels like heat instead of cold air. Called the dealership can't get me in for a week and also since I have 58,000 miles of course nothing will be covered my warranty. This seems like there is a problem especially when I know of 3 other people personal that have had the same issue with the same year model. Isn't there anything chevy can do to warranty their fault parts. So frustrating. That is am going to have to pay for new parts and labor of course when it's their problems that hasn't been fixed.
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

One more to the list. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra and AC has a small leak. It will keep refrigerant for about two weeks until starts blowing hot again (only tested this once). Have it at the shop now but AC guy isn't sure because the leak is so small. He thinks it might be coming from the compressor. I haven't seen anyone on this forum mention a leak coming from inside the dash. AC guys said this sometimes happens, maybe with older trucks I guess. They couldn't believe a 2014 already had AC problems. Of course the truck has 41k miles so I am on my own.
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Magnes,

We certainly understand how this must be frustrating and apologize if you've had a difficult time working with the dealership in the past. You're well within warranty, so it shouldn't be any problems with getting your air conditioning fixed. If you need any assistance while working with the dealership we're more than happy to reach out to them. Private message us your VIN, contact information and dealership name if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Kristen A.

I am having the same issue as the others that posted on this forum. Through my research I have found 100's of other owners posting the same issue. 53,000 miles and AC not working. What is GM doing about this problem. If it is not under warranty that means it is coming out of my pocket? This is my third GM vehicle; however, this issue is enough for me not to purchase another GM product.
Old October 21st, 2016, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

Update to my 2014 GMC. Problem was a small leak in the condenser. $835 out of pocket. Thanks GM..
Old October 21st, 2016, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2014 LTZ and I have to replace my AC lines and "bracket". I asked the service rep what was wrong with the old bracket, and she said that there never was a bracket that secured the AC lines. Needless to say, I am Pissed!!! GM knows that there is an issue with the AC lines and if you do not have this issue yet...YOU WILL! Take my advice...find a bracket to secure your Air-conditioner lines to the frame or you will be replacing the lines really soon! If you don't, you will be replacing the lines for $575 bucks...or you may have to buy a new dang compressor for $1,400. DO IT NOW...DON'T WAIT. FIX YOUR AC LINES.

BTW...I have 63,500 highway miles on my truck...reluctantly I will tell you that my truck has never worked a day in it's life...yet I have to spend out-of-pocket cash to fix my air-conditioning. This should not happen on an American truck that is made in Mexico. (sorry about the politics)

Last edited by Chuydude; October 21st, 2016 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Old October 21st, 2016, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Kristen A.,

Can you possibly help me with my AC line issue?
Old October 26th, 2016, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC Not COLD AFTER BATTERY CHANGE

2014 Chevy Silverado 4×4, crew cab... After a MYRAID OF ISSUES ALL THE SUDDEN, including Seat belt malfunction, auto 4wheel drive not changing to 2 wheel, brakes, now had to replace the Battery, which should not have went out AT ALL... Ive owned 10 vehicles in my life and have never had to replace a battery except for one Time on a 1976 chevy truck.
I JUST HAD TO REPLACE MY BATTERY IN NEW TRUCK, LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD...$186 FROM DEALERSHIP. NOW MY AC IS NOT BLOWING COLD AIR!! Does anyone know if there is a switch, fuse, reset, or something? This is getting rediculous. Ive always prided Chevy/GM in its durability and dependable trucks... however, it seems this isnt the case anylonger? ...
Old November 1st, 2016, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 GMC Sierra AC Problem

LIVE CHAT
Connected to Agent
Robert Tuma:10:19:09 AM
GMC - Service on a vehicle I own
Connection established.
Welcome to GMC
Connecting.....A live chat agent is now entering the chat.
Scott:10:20:23 AM
Thank you for contacting GMC Customer Assistance, Robert my name is Scott. Your Safety is very important to us at GMC, so please remember to not use any hand held device whenever you're driving.How can I assist you today?
Robert Tuma:10:23:51 AM
I have a 2014 GMC Sierra truck. I have 42,000 miles and am no longer under warranty. Last week my AC stopped working, I called the dealership where I have always had all maintenance done and asked when I could bring it in... I was told that I would have to wait until Nov. 7th... I live in Texas; even in October AC is a must... So I decided to try and figure it out myself with Google... I got online and found out that since 2014 there has been an 8 dollar bracket that could have prevented this, yet was never installed on my truck even after have only dealing with the dealer.
Robert Tuma:10:24:48 AM
I couldn't wait, so I bought the parts myself and had an local mechanic test and verify the fix...
Robert Tuma:10:25:58 AM
$231.11 cost for repair, $64.09 cost for GM Original Equipment Air Conditioning Hose Assembly, $8.66 GM Bracket Part#23264893
Robert Tuma:10:26:47 AM
The $8.66 bracket could have prevented this issue from the very beginning... #PIT5331
Scott:10:27:05 AM
I apologize that your AC stopped working,Robert.
Robert Tuma:10:29:29 AM
I believe that I should be reimbursed for my cost; it seems that fixing known issues should be a benefit of using the dealer for maintenance.
Scott:10:30:39 AM
To clarify did you have the repair done at a GM Certified Dealership, a Certified technician or a independent mechanic?
Robert Tuma:10:32:54 AM
I can call and ask if they're certified, the GM Dealership had a waiting period that was to long for 90+ degree weather... I took the truck to a place called Lorentz Motors in Lewisville, TX. They fixed the issue in just a few hours.
Robert Tuma:10:35:22 AM
My dealer in Carrollton, Classic Buick GMC of Carrollton has had ample opportunity to add the bracket, as all other maintenance has always been performed there.
Scott:10:36:12 AM
Lorentz Motors did all the repairs?
Robert Tuma:10:36:41 AM
Lewisville Auto Repair | Lorentz Automotive
Robert Tuma:10:36:50 AM
Yes, they did all repairs
Robert Tuma:10:39:45 AM
They're ASE
Scott:10:41:52 AM
Since the repairs where done at a third party shop and not done at a GM Certified Dealership, there will be not reimbursement from GM.
Robert Tuma:10:45:22 AM
Okay, I'm sharing this conversation in every forum I can... The fact that there has been ample opportunity for GM to fix an issue they knew about, but ignored, is something people should know about. This will also weigh heavily on future vehicle purchases.

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?