Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2017, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Here!

Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab just under 4 years ago, and suddenly encountered the same air conditioning problems described above. Works fine one day, the next only warm air coming form the vents. Very frustrated to have the AC go out on a vehicle this new. Would love Chevy to address this issue with a recall as it seems a common complaint. Vehicle is currently at a dealership for diagnostics. Warranty is past
Old October 5th, 2017, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down

So after a ton of research on this forum and generally all over the web I see I'm not alone. 2014 LTZ bought in Nov. 2014 with 42K on it. AC out. Dealer where I bought says that it's a workmanship problem with the welds at the compressor to the fixed hoses. So in my common sense thinking hey this should be a recall since it looks as though the AC on the 2014s were pout in like crap. Nope sorry buddy you owe $1200 to get it fixed. If you want a recall contact GM!!!! Are you kidding me. I have to assume with the FB page and countless people emailing or contacting GM that they would do something...oh wait thats my common sense thinking. If it's not a mandated safety issue then no recall...which means if you can't find fault to GM for being liable for knowingly hurting another vehicle or life NO RECALL. Absolute BULL****! I've owned a Chevy for over 25 years and my 02 with 285K miles lasted better then this new one...no tune ups, no tinkering, no AC failure, NOTHING! This will probably be my last Chevy after this one is paid off.

GM You should be ashamed that you won't take responsibility for workmanship issues.
Old October 5th, 2017, 7:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what you want done is a customer satisfaction initiative. recalls are for safety issues...which this is not. they will do nothing unless its in the press.
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same here too

Originally Posted by dhales
Bought a 2014 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab just under 4 years ago, and suddenly encountered the same air conditioning problems described above. Works fine one day, the next only warm air coming form the vents. Very frustrated to have the AC go out on a vehicle this new. Would love Chevy to address this issue with a recall as it seems a common complaint. Vehicle is currently at a dealership for diagnostics. Warranty is past
Bought a 2017 LT z71 used and the AC worked great for a while, no reports on the car fax that it had been replaced before, but on the way to Texas the other day( moved from Florida where it was bought) it started blowing warm air. And thats all it really does now. I just have the power train warranty and I’m afraid of what it might costs to have it fixed. But then again I’m in Texas now and it’s still hot here even in October.
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down Compressor seized up

just got mine back 12-13-17 from the dealer 36,050 miles and $1376.00 along with oil change and tire rotation.. Burnt the belt completely in half. THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I new I should have keeped my 1999 2wd, this 2014 is JUNK!!!!
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Chevy Silverado (A/C blows hot air)3800 miles only

My truck only has 38000 miles and A/C is out.
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tpugh
Same trouble. 42,000 miles condenser cracked. This is for sure a defect. There is no way this should crack in a weld. Lots of $$ out of my pocket. Now it blows hot air some days and cold air other days. It is 97F today, and my 8 month old granddaughter is pretty sure it's too hot to ride with me.
VERY frustrated.
My A/C just went out a couple days ago i have 2014 Chevrolet Silverado with only 38000 miles. Im soo upset. How could it go out so fast.
Old January 8th, 2018, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Chevy Silverado (A/C blows hot air)

My A/C just went out a couple days ago i have 2014 Chevrolet Silverado with only 38000 miles. Im soo upset. How could it go out so fast.
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Ac is blowing hot air

ok so apoearantly I’m the latest victim in the 2014
Silverado ac condenser debacle. Come on Chevy, there’s thousands of people having these issues. Y’all need to fix this! I paid a lot of money for this vehicle for the ac to die on me now with the truck only being less than 4 years old. And $1200 at the dealer to fix it is a spit in the face.
Old January 28th, 2018, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

My 2014 Silverado has A/C issues. Blowing hot air...really bad condition when I have a black truck and its in the 80's. Took the truck into the dealer last week and paid to have the diagnostic done. It came back with a recommendation...Rec. AC compressor hose and nec. parts....$595.00 The advisor stated they ran a pressure test with dye and found a leak in the hose. They told me it wasn't covered and tried contacting my extended warranty company and they said they do not cover hoses. Wow....my 2003 Tahoe has had a service and recharge of freon one time in 14+ years...and its a dual system (front and rear). when I inspected the lines my self i could not find any green dye around or on any part of the A/C lines/hoses.!?? Not sure why its not covered and/or if this is a serious problem with these hoses/lines (2104) why a recall or some service notice been put out about this issue. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

JTravis

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?