Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2018, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here. 2014 Silverado A/C went out, 31k miles. Taking my truck into the dealer later this week, warranty went out in December.
Old February 13th, 2018, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default A/C issues

I have a 2014 Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab, I've also experienced A/C problem with my truck, it's only blowing hot air so I took it to the dealership and they told me my compressor blown out. (This is at 36500 miles) so I paid to get it fix thinking this is a one-time thing. Now a year later (47000 miles) I'm running into the same problem, my A/C is only blowing hot air again but this time the condenser is leaking. The dealership is quoting me 1400 to fix it, which is ridiculous. GM should really do something about this issues, a 2014 truck with 47000 miles shouldn't running into 2 A/C problem. I have friends with Tundra and Ford Trucks that has 100000 plus miles on their truck and they didn't experience the same thing I'm experiencing right now. Being Asian I have always been told not to buy Chevy vehicle because they have a lot of problems, maybe there is some truth to his. I have own Chevy my whole adult's life and this is by far the worst vehicle experience of my life. GM needs to do something about this or else I will never recommend or buy another Chevy again.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Three 2014 Silverado's, Three A/C's out!

Our company purchased three 2014 Silverado's at the same time, brand new, 2 of the 3 had to replace the a/c condensers and the 3rd one had to replace the a/c hose and bracket. From what I'm reading, this seems to be a common problem. I don't know why Chevrolet refuses to do the right thing!
Old May 10th, 2018, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

2014 RockyRidge LTZ 60k... I busted my *** to own something as nice as this truck... I bought it from the original owner with 40k on it and had never been so proud UNTIL bam out goes the AC as with everyone else's... I get the same story from the dealer "we KNOW its a common issue but you sir are SOL"

My 2013 had 250k miles on it and not once did I have an issue with the climate control. Had I done my research I would not have bought this truck, but I TRUSTED the brand and now can not afford to repair the truck. Its going to be a hard summer in GA because of a known GM issue.

My daughter and I thank you GM, for (not) standing by your product.
Old May 29th, 2018, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Here we go again... My 2014 Silverado 78K is back at the dealer. The AC stopped working AGAIN just in time for a nice long holiday weekend.

My 2005 Silverado 220K that my dad is now driving and the AC still works, my wife's 2007 Yukon 185K and the AC still works, my 1995 Silverado 220K when I sold it and the AC still worked.

It is obvious that this is a well known problem with ALL GM trucks and nothing has been done to address the problem. Just a bandaid and send you on down the road knowing it will fail again but no longer cover under warranty.

If I have to pay to get this fixed (and I get the feeling I will) this will be my last GM product I EVER purchase.

****UPDATE****
The dealer just contacted me and said the weld on the condenser failed and leaked. $1400 to repair!!!!!!

I have contacted GM Corporate and have a case number. This is your last chance to make things right GM.

****UPDATE Part 2****
GM Corporate setup a case and contacted the dealer and decided NOT to make any concessions.

My Cheverolet dealer was surprised by this and went to bat for me and made some calls.

They where able to get some considerable concessions for me to get this condenser replaced.

Thank you Buckalew Cheverolet!

Last edited by jwhitesides; May 29th, 2018 at 4:55 PM.
Old May 31st, 2018, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC went out

Our 2014 Silverado the AC stopped work and we have just paid $2000 to replace it. Some electrical problem is causing the new one to stay on hi- which is what the repair guy thinks caused the 1st one to burn out. I’ve done some research and there are a lot of people in the same boat. I should not be replacing an air conditioner on a car we’ve had for 3 yrs! Many owners are calling the FTC to try and force a recall- I will be one of those. There is also a lawsuit that was filed late last year. This is ridiculous, GM knows this is going on.
Old May 31st, 2018, 3:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default AC went out

Our 2014 Silverado the AC stopped work and we have just paid $2000 to replace it. Some electrical problem is causing the new one to stay on hi- which is what the repair guy thinks caused the 1st one to burn out. I’ve done some research and there are a lot of people in the same boat. I should not be replacing an air conditioner on a car we’ve had for 3 yrs! Many owners are calling the FTC to try and force a recall- I will be one of those. There is also a lawsuit that was filed late last year. This is ridiculous, GM knows this is going on.
Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down 2014 Chevy Silverado - 55,152 miles - AC OUT and STILL crappy radio reception

Yup - I just had to shell out $846.03 to have my A/C Condenser replaced on June 15th. I brought the truck in on the 12th - they called and told me the condenser was on "back order"....... first of all, I've had Chevy's my entire life and NEVER had a condenser go bad. NOT happy. When I went to pay for it, the dealer mentioned "if you get a letter from GM please let us know and we can reimburse you". So......... what IS GM doing when all the 2014 condensers are crapping out? Anything? Yes, I WILL be calling the FTC tomorrow to file a complaint - since apparently everyone else has too. Unacceptable GM. And to think, we have 2 other newer Silverados. May have to reconsider future purchases if GM doesn't stand behind their products any longer. And this is BESIDES the fact that the FM radio SUCKS and dealer has no idea how to fix the issue................... Nice to have a BOSE stereo and not be able to appreciate it. They replaced the staff antenna - which did absolutely NOTHING. Anyone else have FM radio reception issues? Sucks to spend $50K + on a vehicle and have these problems
Old July 26th, 2018, 2:36 PM
CF Beginner

My condenser on my 2014 GMC Sierra failed last year about 4000 miles out of warranty. time-wise i was within the 3 years, but was around 40,000 miles. after looking online and seeing that this was an issue with the 2014's, I called GM directly and raised hell. once the dealer determined it was the condenser and notified GM, they told me to cover the first $200 and they would cover the rest. they did the repair and i haven't had any problems with it since (knock on wood).
Old June 18th, 2019, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 silverado....just problems all the way

Bought this truck brand new. After 7 days inyector line broke, several tomes remote controls went bad, stitches on the back seat coming off, brake problems, paint peeling off already and now.... yes ac problems. After reading all this comments it just doesn’t look good. And GM just says sorry for this and sorry for that... I’m tired of this truck. Had a 2006 silverado that never had problems with it. But this one.... one after another one. Willtake it to the shop this week to see how much it’s going to cost... but definitely will be going with another brand.

Quick Reply: 2014 Silverado AC Problems Already?