Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Dash gauges?

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2020, 5:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dash gauges?

Hello. I'm new here and am learning my way around. I just bought my first Chevy about a month ago. I've owned Fords, GMC's, and a Toyota Tacoma. I've had this 2017 Silverado LTZ for about a month and am still learning all the bells and whistles that it has. Today I noticed when I started it all the dash gauges went all the way to the right and then all the way back to the left and then reset to normal positions. Then it started showing messages like Power Steering not enabled, Parking assist not abled, Backup camera not enabled etc... I turned the truck off and restarted it several times and the gauges did the same thing but no messages on the dash. Is this normal? Thank you.
Old August 14th, 2020, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokiefan
Hello. I'm new here and am learning my way around. I just bought my first Chevy about a month ago. I've owned Fords, GMC's, and a Toyota Tacoma. I've had this 2017 Silverado LTZ for about a month and am still learning all the bells and whistles that it has. Today I noticed when I started it all the dash gauges went all the way to the right and then all the way back to the left and then reset to normal positions. Then it started showing messages like Power Steering not enabled, Parking assist not abled, Backup camera not enabled etc... I turned the truck off and restarted it several times and the gauges did the same thing but no messages on the dash. Is this normal? Thank you.
@Hokiefan.....All is normal EXCEPT your messages; if you purchased a Certified Truck & this keeps happening, talk to your service manager at the dealership you bought it. This need to be corrected/fixed.
Old August 14th, 2020, 8:46 PM
CF Junior Member

When the messages flashed on the dash screen they all had "Dismiss" and quickly went away on their own. My Daddy was always a Ford man and I bet he's laughing at me from Heaven LOL!!!
Old August 15th, 2020, 7:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Tonight the Check Engine light came on and stayed on. Then the Service 4WD light, the Service Stabilcontrol light, the Service Trailer Brake light...all came on for 5 or 6 seconds and went off. I hooked a diagnostic tester to it and the only code it showed was a PO700.....Transmission Control System. It's running fine and shifting fine. Guess I'll have to take it to a dealer to have checked. Saying a few choice words about now folks. Sorry.
Old August 18th, 2020, 5:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Ok....truck is in the shop. Acted up again yesterday and thought I wasn't going to make it home. Ran almost like it had water in the gas..which it may have. I noticed a bit of water around the gas filler over the weekend. And wouldn't you know...on the way to the shop it straightened out and ran fine. Mechanic said his tester would show what it had done. Almost think I've bought a lemon.
Old September 8th, 2020, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Got my truck back today. Dealer replaced the main wiring harness coming off the battery. Said it was shorting out. So far so good. Time will tell.
Old October 31st, 2020, 5:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Default First and last bowtie!!!

After 3 trips to the dealer and $1000 in hopeful 'fixes'...its back to the dealer again on Monday. This is my first and last Chevy/GM of any kind!!!
Old October 31st, 2020, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like you have a bad ground. This happens to some. Here's video to watch
Old November 1st, 2020, 5:53 AM
CF Junior Member

But will a bad ground cause the truck not to start? When it does this the truck won't start but then after anywhere from twenty minutes to 2 hours the truck will start with engine light staying and stabilitrak light staying on.
Old November 1st, 2020, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Yes, The bad grounds on the dash will cause all kinds of issues, from steering, to ECU issues, on & on. Bad grounds to engine from the body will cause a no start. Search youtube for & see how many videos there are. So will a weak battery. Don't give up, it's a good truck. Tell your dealer to check ALL the grounds & redo them.

Quick Reply: Dash gauges?